Time difference

Dianemwj

Veteran
Local time
9:26 PM
Am I the member who is the furthest west? So many times, I'm posting away, replying to the threads, when I realize I'm the only person on the forum. I know the folks in the UK are 10 hours ahead of me, so most of them are in bed sleeping when I'm wide awake, having a cocktail, enjoying myself, until I realize I'm all alone. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm not upset, I'm just lonely.

Am I the member who is the furthest west? So many times, I'm posting away, replying to the threads, when I realize I'm the only person on the forum. I know the folks in the UK are 10 hours ahead of me, so most of them are in bed sleeping when I'm wide awake, having a cocktail, enjoying myself, until I realize I'm all alone. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm not upset, I'm just lonely.
Possibly the furthest West now. There was one from Alaska at one time though. Almost east.
18:46 at present, for you.

I've come on here in the early hours and I'm on my own.

Possibly the furthest West now. There was one from Alaska at one time though. Almost east.
18:46 at present, for you.

I've come on here in the early hours and I'm on my own.
I was up and about then as well (but shouldn't have been!). I had been thinking that it would be interesting to have a Forum map (rather like how Google maps flag up hotels or whatever) which would show members locations.

I was up and about then as well (but shouldn't have been!). I had been thinking that it would be interesting to have a Forum map (rather like how Google maps flag up hotels or whatever) which would show members locations.
If you look in the top left hand corner of your avatar there will be a green triangle. It says that person is online (assuming they have not chosen to hide the fact).
Untitled.jpg

I know there is a great time difference where I live in comparison with the UK. I think the time difference is about 5 hours. I am not quite sure if they are ahead of us 5 hours or behind us. I am not too sure of the time differences in the different US states. However, I find that when I am online, most of the time others are also on line with me, so I do not have a problem there. There have been times, though, when I was online and did not see anyone else showing as online with me. I agree that this would make one feel lonely, and it does make me feel this way at times too, but to me it is not really a big issue.

Research for your novel!
7 steps, turn left, down 14 steps, being careful on the 8th one down(it squeaks). Then a further right turn & 18 steps gets you to the kitchen.

If you look in the top left hand corner of your avatar there will be a green triangle. It says that person is online (assuming they have not chosen to hide the fact).
View attachment 1084
Confused - were you responding to another query I had regarding post being sent when the person appeared to be not on-line? Turns out that was 'cos @classic33 hadn't checked the box to allow. He has now.:)

Confused - were you responding to another query I had regarding post being sent when the person appeared to be not on-line? Turns out that was 'cos @classic33 hadn't checked the box to allow. He has now.:)
More a quick way of seeing whose online, than aimed at any one person.

PM's stay Private.

Last edited:
You could have popped in!!

I have a question for you: Which is furthest west, Los Angeles, California or Reno, Nevada?

We have a proposal before the state legislature whether or not to do away with switching back and forth from standard time to daylight savings time. The proposal is to just stay on daylight savings. When we switch back to standard time, it gets dark at 5 PM in the winter. Nevada has always followed California's time changes so that we don't conflict time-wise with the largest infux of tourists which is from California. Now I guess we don't care anymore. If they want to come to Las Vegas, they'll come no matter what time it is.

Back
Top Bottom