Tupperware Utensils Melting

The silicone spoon I bought only has silicone on the edges of the spoon, the rest of it is plastic.
I am sorry, I missed the part about it being plastic, are you sure it's not vinyl, or is it just some sort of heat-resistant plastic?

I wish you weren't all the way across the ocean, I would send you some silicone stuff. We have dollar stores here that sell silicone utensils for $1.25 each, and there are other stores that have silicone bakeware that is really inexpensive too!

I am sorry, I missed the part about it being plastic, are you sure it's not vinyl, or is it just some sort of heat-resistant plastic?

I wish you weren't all the way across the ocean, I would send you some silicone stuff. We have dollar stores here that sell silicone utensils for $1.25 each, and there are other stores that have silicone bakeware that is really inexpensive too!
That is very kind of you! I'm not absolutely sure if it's plastic, but so far the spoon is doing well! We have cheap silicone utensils here too, and I have a couple of them, but they're a bit too "bendy" for my liking. The silicone spatulas from Le Creuset are really good though, flexible but stiff enough that I can use them to break down food in the pan or mix eggs.

That is very kind of you! I'm not absolutely sure if it's plastic, but so far the spoon is doing well! We have cheap silicone utensils here too, and I have a couple of them, but they're a bit too "bendy" for my liking. The silicone spatulas from Le Creuset are really good though, flexible but stiff enough that I can use them to break down food in the pan or mix eggs.
Everything from Le Creuset is really good! Which is why I don't own much, unfortunately...a bit out of my price range, like Staub. Maybe one day my family will buy me some of their pans (while I am still strong enough to lift them, LOL). I do have some pretty nice knockoff cookware that I take very good care of since I am not sure it's as durable as the real stuff. It's pretty and it does a good job.

I did find one small silicone spatula that is stiff, but my other ones are like you said, a bit too bendy. I found one with a wooden handle that's a mini spatula and I love it for scraping the last little bit of mayonnaise or peanut butter out of a jar!

Back
Top Bottom