Tupperware Utensils Melting

Not a fryer of fish?
That reminds me of an ancient joke which will make caseydog scream at 3am.
Bloke becomes a novice monk and is immediately assigned to the kitchen to make fish & chips. He meets the head cook and says:
"I need to know how to cook fish & chips. Which person do I need to speak to?"
The head Cook points to a couple of blokes:
" He's the Fish Friar, and the bloke on his left is the Chip Monk"

That reminds me of an ancient joke which will make caseydog scream at 3am.
Bloke becomes a novice monk and is immediately assigned to the kitchen to make fish & chips. He meets the head cook and says:
"I need to know how to cook fish & chips. Which person do I need to speak to?"
The head Cook points to a couple of blokes:
" He's the Fish Friar, and the bloke on his left is the Chip Monk"
IMG_2006.jpeg

I am really disappointed. I bought a set of plastic utensils from Tupperware (the actual brand), since I don't like wood all that much (can't be washed in the dishwasher - I've tried, it often comes out with bits of dried food on it, stains, smells, etc), and I'm tired of spending money on cheap plastic utensils that melt in contact with hot pans. Guess what, my Tupperware utensils are one week old and they melted. I used them to stir food on the stovetop and never let them stay inside the pans, they still melted. Each utensil cost me at least 6€ each, and they've melted. I usually like Tupperware's products but I am so disappointed with this. I don't know what my options are since bamboo can't go into the dishwasher either, and silicone is too flexible to be good for stirring. Guess I'm stuck with my old wooden spoons.

I never machine-wash Tupperware. I've always washed it by hand. Nylon plastic utensils are good for stirring food that's being cooked in the pots. And they are said to be sturdy enough against a meltdown. :whistling:

Last edited:
I've found my spatulas. From Le Creuset!
1706479081842.jpeg

These are really nice silicone spatulas, a bit bendy, but still strong enough to mash food. The only weird thing about them is that the handle came coated in some sort of varnish that disappeared as soon as I washed it (even when hand washed).

Also bought the plastic/silicone spoon from Lékué but I haven't tried it yet. The handle and body of the spoon are plastic while the edge is silicone, which seems smart. Let's see how it performs.

View attachment 109623

These are really nice silicone spatulas, a bit bendy, but still strong enough to mash food. The only weird thing about them is that the handle came coated in some sort of varnish that disappeared as soon as I washed it (even when hand washed).

Also bought the plastic/silicone spoon from Lékué but I haven't tried it yet. The handle and body of the spoon are plastic while the edge is silicone, which seems smart. Let's see how it performs.

I got a free Le Creuset silicone spoon with one of my cast iron purchases at the Le Creuset outlet store. It is a good spoon. Well, it WAS a good spoon. I can't find it. :facepalm:

CD

I got a free Le Creuset silicone spoon with one of my cast iron purchases at the Le Creuset outlet store. It is a good spoon. Well, it WAS a good spoon. I can't find it. :facepalm:

CD
You did?! Each of these spatulas cost me 16€! Still cheaper than buying a 200€ Le Creuset pot and expecting a freebie though.

Last edited:
You did?! Each of these spatulas cost me 16€! Still cheaper than buying a 200€ Le Creuset pot and expecting a freebie though.

I have never paid full price for a Le Creuset pot/pan. At least 40-percent off. Sometimes half price.

I don't recall why I got the free spoon.

CD

View attachment 109623

Only problem with the silicone spatulas is that if they are machine-washed, the handle could lose their shine & become dull looking. I'd wash them by hand if I had some of them. :eek:

Only problem with the silicone spatulas is that if they are machine-washed, the handle could lose their shine & become dull looking. I'd wash them by hand if I had some of them. :eek:
The silicone spoon I bought only has silicone on the edges of the spoon, the rest of it is plastic.

Back
Top Bottom