Turmeric for Indigestion

Turmeric has lot of health benefits .. curcuminoids compound present which is good for health..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of growing my own? Need to investigate more
I grew some in the garden a few years ago. Grows like ginger; likes loose soil but grows easily. Had a good harvest, I seem to remember. however, since I use it for cooking Indian food, drying it out, grinding it to a powder was a faff. Easier to buy it at the spice shop.

I grew some in the garden a few years ago. Grows like ginger; likes loose soil but grows easily. Had a good harvest, I seem to remember. however, since I use it for cooking Indian food, drying it out, grinding it to a powder was a faff. Easier to buy it at the spice shop.

That's what I'm weighing up now??

Russ

You can grate it into curry pastes instead of using it dried. If anything its better that way I think. Or at least, its more aromatic. Fresh ginger can be frozen whole and grated straight from the freezer.

I wish my ginger would grow as well as my turmeric :wink:
The key is loose soil. Ginger rhizomes struggle if the soil is heavy; add a little sand to the soil around the plant or plant in an area where the soil is loose to about 1ft deep.
Ginger plant.jpg

Back
Top Bottom