Uber Eats

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
1:55 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I need someone from a city to explain this please.

What is it? I've been told if I wanted some variation in my choice (very limited choice) of food in hospital I could use Uber Eats. But not living in a city, town or even in a township, I actually genuinely don't know what it is.

Yes - you order from a local restaurant and Uber Eats delivers. S although I haven't used it I'm guessing that these would be restaurants which don't deliver themselves. In the UK there are restaurants everywhere which deliver so I'm not sure it will really catch on here so much.

There should be a web site for your local Uber Eats that lists restaurants it will pick-up and deliver from, at least that's how it works here. They usually tack on a small fee, besides the tip for your driver. I know the tipping customs are different in other countries but have no idea how what the custom is in Australia.

I've noticed more and more restaurants are going to a delivery service. They don't have to have drivers/cars that way, which helps with their expenses and bottom lines, and also helps to keep their food costs lower. It just totally shifts the burden onto a middleman (company) and the consumer.

Another nasty "gig economy" spin-off. Rather like myriad courier firms, the idea is to make delivery drivers "self-employed" which usually means that they are nothing of the sort. The benefits for the employer (for that is what they really are) is the avoidance of employer's national insurance payments, no annual leave, no sick leave payments and no maternity/paternity leave.

Back
Top Bottom