Ultimate Veggie Burger

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
7:57 PM
I created a veggie burger that will make you turn away from regular burgers for the rest of your life...believe it or not. Take a Morning Star garden veggie burger and fry it in a little olive oil until it is golden brown and crispy on both sides. Heat up a whole wheat bun, add mayo, lettuce, cheese, grilled onions, and green peppers to it, and finish it off with your veggie pattie. This burger will change your life!

I created a veggie burger that will make you turn away from regular burgers for the rest of your life...believe it or not. Take a Morning Star garden veggie burger and fry it in a little olive oil until it is golden brown and crispy on both sides. Heat up a whole wheat bun, add mayo, lettuce, cheese, grilled onions, and green peppers to it, and finish it off with your veggie pattie. This burger will change your life!
Really? I honestly think I have never even tasted a veggie burger. There is something that says burger and veggie that just does not seem right in my mind. However when you see something presented with such enthusiasm and conviction, I really think it is worth considering.

I didn't know what a Morning Star burger was as we don't have that brand. So I looked it up and found this! http://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/27/morning-star-exposed/
I'm not saying I agree with the article but there are certainly a lot of added ingredients in this burger. Its easy to make your own vegetable burgers. I do that quite a lot. The standard Morning Star burger uses TVP (textured vegetable protein). But you can use beans, chick peas as a base and mix with other vegetables.

I have not heard of Morning Star burgers but I have had veggie burgers a number of times and I really like them. You can't really tell the different from a regular burger. I prefer them and if I go somewhere to get a burger I ways pick the veggie burger if they have it as an option on their menu. I have never made my own but I have heard they are quite easy to make.

I made a Morning Star veggie burger yesterday for lunch and topped it with a slice of Gouda Cheese lettuce, and tomato. I especially like spicy black bean variety so that was the one I had. I agree with Morning Glory though, if you have the time to make them from scratch a black bean veggie burger is really good. The only problem is keeping it together. It is sometimes hard to adhere together. I have had them fall apart on the grill.

I have heard the spicy black bean burger is good. I have made my own black bean burgers that have been good but not as good as a regular beef burger with the works.

OMG. will you look at the ingredient list on those burgers. So many strange names. I think I might stick to making my own version since Textured vegetable protein is pretty much a soy product. You can buy those in packets they come in little mince pieces, and chunks. They look dried up and you have to rehydrate them in a flavor liquid. I'll go off the ingredient list and put in the things I actually know what they are. Vegetable burgers are something you can make so easily. I dont know if I would really every buy this.

I remember my mother-in-law who used to make veggie burger from cabbage that was grated like the coal slaw ingredient. She would mix flour (or corn starch, not sure about it) but there are also other ingredients like egg and evaporated milk. When fried brown, it tastes like vegetable of course but there is a peculiar taste that resembles hamburger. She would serve it in a bun with catsup and mustard for toppings. I don't eat mustard but it's a great burger with catsup. Maybe I should do a research on it because it is really a healthy burger.

I've tried that brand back in the States and I thought it was pretty yummy - but here I have to settle for making my own! I found a good recipe online for sweet potato and black bean veggie patties but it's been a while since I've made them. I'll have to try digging up the recipe!

I'd also never heard of morning star veggie burgers, but this actually sounds wonderful! I'll definitely be looking up a recipe for this and trying it myself at some point. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'll always choose a veggie burger over a regular one!

Really? I honestly think I have never even tasted a veggie burger. There is something that says burger and veggie that just does not seem right in my mind. However when you see something presented with such enthusiasm and conviction, I really think it is worth considering.
I never though veggie burgers would be good either, but when you prepare them the right way, they do not take like they would be a veggie burger at all. They are amazing and I think I like them more than I do a beef or chicken burger now.

I never though veggie burgers would be good either, but when you prepare them the right way, they do not take like they would be a veggie burger at all. They are amazing and I think I like them more than I do a beef or chicken burger now.
I must confess that I am slightly tempted now I am seeing it could be quite tasty and the truth is both my husband and son have had them but I just never did. Maybe I'll give them a second look now this conversation is going.

I keep craving this veggie burger since I posted on this yesterday... This forum makes me too hungry, haha! I'm going to have to find a recipe for it! :)

I did a cook off at the start of a year for a up coming company and the vegi burger was a complex recipe ,it included ten mixed spices ,rice ,4 types of beans millet seed ,oatmeal,

Back
Top Bottom