Vertical garden

LoveSantaAu

Veteran
Local time
1:16 PM
Website
www.lovesanta.com.au
I used to have a herb garden in a wooden box outside the back door but eventually the box rotted out. I have since missed having fresh herbs at hand.

Last weekend, we attached a vertical garden to the wall outside the back door and I have planted herbs (parsley, coriander and basil) and strawberries in it - plus a couple of pots nearby with tomatoes. I am very excited about having this greenery outside the door and about having lovely fresh ingredients again.

I had thought of making some sort of vertical garden but when at the hardware store last week, I found a set and bought two of them. It cost more than I would have planned but at least it is done quickly. Given they are pots and in full sun (and we're heading into what looks to be a hot summer) I also love the fact that they are 'self-watering'.

Has anybody else grown edible plants in a vertical garden?

Not yet, but I am planning to. I am going to learn from my sister's research project she is doing on the subject. I am really excited.

Well again I say you live and you learn, I have been around more than two decades and this is the first I am hearing about a "vertical garden". I looked up vertical and was impressed by the pictures I saw.

I was raised on a couple acres of land and know what it's like to grow my own food. I moved on and for the last year or so my husband and I have been growing some food in own much smaller garden.

I am here trying to decide if I have a 'vertical garden":scratchhead:. Whatever the case, a garden, vertical or horizontal is a fine thing I think:).

Back
Top Bottom