Weekly Menu (2024)

kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Local time
1:56 PM
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
I know that we're about to go into March 2024 (where is this year flying to?) and I looked high and low for a weekly menu 2024 thread to no avail.
So here goes:

Chicken Cutlets served with Cheese Tortellini and some sort of Veg (the electric skillet thread got me thinkin')
A coupla Snow Days this week, so I have a pot of Soup in mind, not sure which kind - oohhh! Loaded Baked Potato Soup, yum!
Pasta with Seafood (mussels for DH and shrimp for Moi)
I do have some Salad ingredients that should be used up as well, even though it's going to be wick outside
and I really want to make some fresh bread/rolls

How about you?

I don't really plan anything.
Obviously I do a bit by taking some meat out if the freezer, but generally I don't know what I'm going to cook with it :)
It may even change while I'm cooking

Last edited:
I’ve gotten out of the habit, but I need to pick it back up again. We have so many of the same salad, I stopped planning the rest of the meals.

I know that we're about to go into March 2024 (where is this year flying to?) and I looked high and low for a weekly menu 2024 thread to no avail.
So here goes:

Chicken Cutlets served with Cheese Tortellini and some sort of Veg (the electric skillet thread got me thinkin')
A coupla Snow Days this week, so I have a pot of Soup in mind, not sure which kind - oohhh! Loaded Baked Potato Soup, yum!
Pasta with Seafood (mussels for DH and shrimp for Moi)
I do have some Salad ingredients that should be used up as well, even though it's going to be wick outside
and I really want to make some fresh bread/rolls

How about you?
Oo oo sign me up for the snow, soup and jacket potato.
And maybe a chocolat chaud? 🙏

I meal plan in three day stretches.
Just finished and ordered the food for this weekend. The boys want to come home for some family time free food 😝
I try not to cook every single meal from scratch when they’re home but usually I get carried away and wear myself out completely, I’ve done a lot of deleting and amending on this menu, see no starters! 😂

Friday
Lunch
-Chicken sandwiches with thyme n smoked salt chicken cracking, fresh herb mayonnaise, radish salad.
-Fudge and espresso icecream cones. Make icecream with dairy free ingredients.

Dinner
-Kung Po Chicken (Nagi’s recipe)
-Chicken chow Mein (Recipe Tin Eats).
-Special Fried Rice (add chopped pieces chinese spare rib).
-Prawn Crackers (buy pre-made?).

-Snack if needed Houmous and Tiralli

Saturday
Breakfast
-Gravy and biscuits with ‘sun dried’ garlic and black pepper plum tomatoes (approx 1 1/2 hours on low).

Lunch
-Mexican lasagne (chilli layered with corn tortilla’s topped with garlic mushrooms) and Choi Sum in chilli butter.

If hungry back up for PM - Southern fried chicken goujon burgers with gem lettuce and spicy mayo.

Sunday
Breakfast
-Homemade Chorizo beans on toast.

Lunch
-Slow cooked Ham Hock with apple cider jelly, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, beef dripping gravy, green beans with smoked garlic butter, stir fried shredded savoy cabbage maybe with pinenuts or pancetta?

?Kha Gai soup or food coma?

As you can see this website does quite influence my food fancies 😂

Edit: shout out to karadekoolaid for the tortilla lasagne thing!

Last edited:
I always plan meals ahead. I am still trying to get the freezers cleaned out, but sometimes it's just easier to buy something new than go digging. But, I just completed cleaning out and rearranging the pantry, threw out a bunch of stuff that had gotten shoved into the back and had gotten outdated, so I guess the freezers are next on the list. There's a good bit of stuff that has freezer burn and mystery things since the bags aren't labeled. That will all go in the trash as I work through them. I'm hoping to get things cleaned out enough to get rid of the deep freeze because both of us hate digging in it and we don't really need it anymore since we don't cook like we used to do.

I've been making a meal list for 10 days or so to space out full grocery shops, just picking up a few things as needed in between.

Anyway, I've had a couple of homemade meals that are in the freezer on the list for the last couple of times, porcini pasta and homemade tamales, plus an InnovAsian meal, and now 2 or 3 Tovala meals as I order them. The fresh meals are:

3 flat bread pizzas, n'duja with onions/garlic, fresh moz and Pecorino Romano; Margharita; and a sweated leeks, fresh moz, Pecorino Romano, and prosciutto, maybe a couple of barely cooked eggs, with yolks broken so they spread out over pizza.

Chinese Hot and Sour soup.

Steak and garlic/lemon butter roasted shrimp, asparagus, and some kind of potato.

Prosciutto wrapped grilled asparagus, caprese salad with roasted red bell instead of tomato, and marinated mushrooms.

We always plan for a week ahead. Shopping is currently on a Saturday. So this week was basically a cold soup from the freezer, salad plus something else for when hubby is home, and something from the freezer or salad remains for the night he is away.
I've got a mushroom and onion quiche to make to go with the salad later in the week, but I've also got the start of the pear harvest to process. The pears are exceptionally tasty from our tree but the tree is prolific in its abundance. That simply means I process what I can, and the chooks fight to the death over who gets the overripe fruit. Even the core will get fought over, they love the pears. I've got pear butter, pear jam and pear jelly on the list of things to make. After that I'll start dehydrating pear slices. They are a great way to preserve the biggest pears and the house always smells amazing. I might also make pear leathers.
The pear butter is part way through cooking at the moment, it's just on pause overnight.

I always plan meals ahead. I am still trying to get the freezers cleaned out, but sometimes it's just easier to buy something new than go digging. But, I just completed cleaning out and rearranging the pantry, threw out a bunch of stuff that had gotten shoved into the back and had gotten outdated, so I guess the freezers are next on the list. There's a good bit of stuff that has freezer burn and mystery things since the bags aren't labeled. That will all go in the trash as I work through them. I'm hoping to get things cleaned out enough to get rid of the deep freeze because both of us hate digging in it and we don't really need it anymore since we don't cook like we used to do.

I've been making a meal list for 10 days or so to space out full grocery shops, just picking up a few things as needed in between.

Anyway, I've had a couple of homemade meals that are in the freezer on the list for the last couple of times, porcini pasta and homemade tamales, plus an InnovAsian meal, and now 2 or 3 Tovala meals as I order them. The fresh meals are:

3 flat bread pizzas, n'duja with onions/garlic, fresh moz and Pecorino Romano; Margharita; and a sweated leeks, fresh moz, Pecorino Romano, and prosciutto, maybe a couple of barely cooked eggs, with yolks broken so they spread out over pizza.

Chinese Hot and Sour soup.

Steak and garlic/lemon butter roasted shrimp, asparagus, and some kind of potato.

Prosciutto wrapped grilled asparagus, caprese salad with roasted red bell instead of tomato, and marinated mushrooms.
Hot and Sour soup please.
By tomorrow in time for whimsy Wednesday 😂

We always plan for a week ahead. Shopping is currently on a Saturday. So this week was basically a cold soup from the freezer, salad plus something else for when hubby is home, and something from the freezer or salad remains for the night he is away.
I've got a mushroom and onion quiche to make to go with the salad later in the week, but I've also got the start of the pear harvest to process. The pears are exceptionally tasty from our tree but the tree is prolific in its abundance. That simply means I process what I can, and the chooks fight to the death over who gets the overripe fruit. Even the core will get fought over, they love the pears. I've got pear butter, pear jam and pear jelly on the list of things to make. After that I'll start dehydrating pear slices. They are a great way to preserve the biggest pears and the house always smells amazing. I might also make pear leathers.
The pear butter is part way through cooking at the moment, it's just on pause overnight.
What is pear butter?

What is pear butter?
Like apple butter, but made from pears:

IMG_7617.jpeg
IMG_7618.jpeg

It’s thicker than applesauce, but not quite as thick as a jam, and is heavenly. Used as a spread on toast, among other things. Pear butter is quite similar.

We can also buy plum butter and pumpkin butter - same idea.

Back
Top Bottom