Weird Sandwiches?

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
3:06 AM
I am sure everyone has a particular sandwich that they enjoy eating that might be considered weird to other people. I know I certainly do. I love toasting some white bread and filling it up with homemade potato salad that I have made and eating it. Sometimes I add a few lettuce slices but most of the time I don't.

My family members think I am crazy but it is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.

What is your weird sandwich?

I am sure everyone has a particular sandwich that they enjoy eating that might be considered weird to other people. I know I certainly do. I love toasting some white bread and filling it up with homemade potato salad that I have made and eating it. Sometimes I add a few lettuce slices but most of the time I don't.

My family members think I am crazy but it is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.

What is your weird sandwich?
I love to eat homemade chicken salad on toasted bread! My dad has always ate it that way, so when I was younger, I tried it, wanting to be just like him. Every since then, that is how I eat my chicken salad. I imagine potato salad on toasted bread would taste similar and be very good as well!
I also like to eat chicken sandwiches with mayo, ketchup and relish mixed together.
We all have different tastes, its fun to embrace our differences. :)

I love to eat homemade chicken salad on toasted bread! My dad has always ate it that way, so when I was younger, I tried it, wanting to be just like him. Every since then, that is how I eat my chicken salad. I imagine potato salad on toasted bread would taste similar and be very good as well!
I also like to eat chicken sandwiches with mayo, ketchup and relish mixed together.
We all have different tastes, its fun to embrace our differences. :)

Oh yes I also love chicken salad sandwiches on toasted bread! I have never had the chicken sandwiches with mayo, ketchup and relish though. This sounds like something I need to try. Thank you for the idea. :D

As kids we always used to have peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Peanut butter and crisps was another one. Cheese and Crisps being yet another combination but after one episode where the crisp was crispier than normal and I cut the roof of my mouth quite badly, I stopped adding crisps to my sandwiches.

Otherwise I think the combinations I have had are quite ordinary other than possibly one combination we came up with whilst cycling around the world... having run out of Nutella (a particular brand of chocolate spread) and having failed to find any peanut butter my husband came out of a supermarket with a tin of what he thought looked interesting. Now anyone into cooking will have noticed I said "tin" not jar... that should perhaps have been his clue but it was not. For several weeks we had consumed several of these tins on our sandwiches. We only discovered what it was when I finally got my hands on the tin and was able to read the label! So perhaps the weirdest for us was "toffee and fudge cake filling" as a sandwich filler. It actually did taste quite nice and gave us the sugar and calories we needed for all the cycling we were doing, even if it was a little on the sweet side!

As kids we always used to have peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Peanut butter and crisps was another one. Cheese and Crisps being yet another combination but after one episode where the crisp was crispier than normal and I cut the roof of my mouth quite badly, I stopped adding crisps to my sandwiches.

Otherwise I think the combinations I have had are quite ordinary other than possibly one combination we came up with whilst cycling around the world... having run out of Nutella (a particular brand of chocolate spread) and having failed to find any peanut butter my husband came out of a supermarket with a tin of what he thought looked interesting. Now anyone into cooking will have noticed I said "tin" not jar... that should perhaps have been his clue but it was not. For several weeks we had consumed several of these tins on our sandwiches. We only discovered what it was when I finally got my hands on the tin and was able to read the label! So perhaps the weirdest for us was "toffee and fudge cake filling" as a sandwich filler. It actually did taste quite nice and gave us the sugar and calories we needed for all the cycling we were doing, even if it was a little on the sweet side!
My mother used to always make my sister and I peanut butter and banana sandwiches! We always loved them! I still enjoy them to this day! She makes them for her two little girls and they enjoy them as well. We also make homemade pita bread and put peanut butter and bananas on it. So delicious!

Peanut butter and banana is pretty common, isn't it? My grandma used to make banana and cheese sandwiches! They tasted so weird!!
My mom also likes pineapple and ham sandwiches, which I find disgusting. Now as for myself, I don't think I like any weird sandwich combination! I'm fine with regular tuna or ham and cheese sandwiches.

I'm not sure if any of my favorite sandwiches are that strange. I will pretty much eat any form of grilled cheese, including processed cheese. Sometimes I add some red pepper jelly if I'm making one with provolone or an aged cheddar. But I don't know how uncommon that is?

Potato chip sandwiches or pretzel sandwiches.... basically put a stack of potato chips in between two buns. Ohmygosh, flippin' delicious. I don't know why, but it is. I've been having them since I was a child and saw my dad randomly make one since we had a lot of buns and potato chips leftover from a holiday event.

Most people wouldn't think this is weird, but my sister says it is, so here it goes. I like apple butter and peanut butter sandwiches. It is so yummy. It tastes like a dessert and so much better than a grape jelly or strawberry jam PB&J. So good, but not so strange.

Potato chip sandwiches or pretzel sandwiches.... basically put a stack of potato chips in between two buns. Ohmygosh, flippin' delicious. I don't know why, but it is. I've been having them since I was a child and saw my dad randomly make one since we had a lot of buns and potato chips leftover from a holiday event.
I think that is the crisp sandwich I refer to above (I can never remember which way around the UK-USA 'conversation' needs to go): UK "crisps" = USA "potatoe chips" (very thin slice of potato cooked until crunchy) and UK "chips" = USA "chunky fries" (much thicker 1cmx1cmx length of potato cooked).

But you have reminded me of one of the regional 'delicacies' which we love in this household and that is a "chip butty" which is basically a bap/bread roll/2 slices of bread with butter/marg and chips (chunkie fries). We add mayo but traditionally you would add brown sauce

but.jpg

I've tried a burger with pineapple on it, and it was surprisingly good. I'm not a fan of pineapple on savory dishes myself, especially pizza, but the burger I tasted really incorporated the pineapple really well.

Local craft bar to me serves a burger in a brioche bun with bacon jam ,bacon and peanut butter and cheese ,works bur sounds unusual

Back
Top Bottom