What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I'm toying with the idea of an Instapot. Maybe for Christmas.
Bought the Ninja equivalent a couple months ago. Really like it especially for throwing in a cut of meat like chuck roast or a whole chicken and it comes out so tender with little fuss. It also has other settings like saute', slow cook, steam, dehydrate, air crisp, bake/roast. Easy to clean. So far no complaints - YMMV.

Bought the Ninja equivalent a couple months ago. Really like it especially for throwing in a cut of meat like chuck roast or a whole chicken and it comes out so tender with little fuss. It also has other settings like saute', slow cook, steam, dehydrate, air crisp, bake/roast. Easy to clean. So far no complaints - YMMV.
Yes I've heard a lot of good things about them. I just paid my taxes a few weeks ago and it drained me for now, so unless I ask for one as a gift I'll be forking out the money myself. It'll have to wait.

I'm not opposed to buying off-brands, what kind is it?

Well I've been dropping casual hints to DH for awhile about wanting/needing a bigger food processor. Monday's my birthday. Look what just came:
20240427_134750.jpg

Well I've been dropping casual hints to DH for awhile about wanting/needing a bigger food processor. Monday's my birthday. Look what just came:
View attachment 112839
I’ll have to check, that might be the same one MrsT got me for Christmas a couple of years. If so, prepare to be overjoyed.

Had I been buying one for myself, I’d have gotten their other model, the “classic” one with the big square bottom, but I must say, I’m mighty happy with mine.

I’ll have to check, that might be the same one MrsT got me for Christmas a couple of years. If so, prepare to be overjoyed.

Had I been buying one for myself, I’d have gotten their other model, the “classic” one with the big square bottom, but I must say, I’m mighty happy with mine.
Since the tax man spanked me recently, I probably would have gotten one less expensive than this one. I am glad to know I am going to like/love it! My old Black n Decker just is too small and I need more bells and whistles.

Since the tax man spanked me recently, I probably would have gotten one less expensive than this one. I am glad to know I am going to like/love it! My old Black n Decker just is too small and I need more bells and whistles.
Yours has that smaller bowl-inside-a-bowl dealio, I think, judging from the picture - I love that and use it more than the bottom bowl by far.

Yours has that smaller bowl-inside-a-bowl dealio, I think, judging from the picture - I love that and use it more than the bottom bowl by far.
Yeah I haven't opened it yet, been busy with getting rid of some old leftovers and gathering what I need to take to nephew's house to cook their dinner tonight. I just thanked him profusely and told him it was a gift that he was going to get benefited from too. Maybe if I start dropping hints soon I can get that Instapot for Christmas :laugh:

She almost bought me an Instant Pot, and I’m glad she didn’t - I like the more manual side of cooking and I think I’d miss that.
I know it's likely going to be one of those items that stays in the pantry most of the time because I am usually not in much of a hurry, either. However, I do have a huge pantry and I have room for it, so why not? Especially if I get rid of DH's Jack Lelane juicer he hasn't used in 6 years and my rice steamer and Fry Daddy I haven't used in probably a decade.

That’s it’s real name inside the first page on the instructions 😂
As long as the cleanup is easy, too.

I do like putting something in the slow cooker and leaving it there while I go off to work and/or run errands for 8 or so hours and coming home to dinner that needs few finishing touches. I could see how an Instapot would really come in handy for unexpected dinner guests and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom