What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

And it's here!!! I still need to take some time reading the instructions but I'll try it out this weekend
1705050146085.png

I tried the instant pot today and I'm sold! I already made cold hibiscus tea and chicken thighs with sauce. Both delicious and with much less effort than if I were to make them on the stovetop and watch while it cooks. Cooking time is rarely less than 30 minutes because it takes 10 minutes to come to pressure and then at least 15 minutes to depressurize with the natural pressure release, but I'm good with that. Tomorrow I'll try making soup.

Another update on the instant pot:

I just can't believe I didn't buy this sooner. Over the weekend I used the instant pot to make cold hibiscus tea, chicken thighs with sauce, and soup.

All three of them turned out beautifully and cooking them was pretty much hassle free. No standing by the stovetop checking if the pan doesn't spill and adjusting the temperature.

I was also worried about seasoning, and while I know that you can use the sauté function to keep cooking and adjust seasoning after pressure cooking, it would always add more time to the recipe. But I was able to hit the right seasoning right at the beginning and there was no need to fix the seasoning after. In the case of the soup, I'm pretty sure I used less seasoning than when I make it on the stovetop because I usually add salt before I boil the vegetables and then I keep adjusting the salt as it cooks, in the instant pot I just added 2g of salt in the beginning and when the soup was done the salt was just right.

Considering preheating, pressure cooking and natural pressure release, each food probably took me a bit longer than if I was cooking it on the stovetop, but since there's less active time of cooking, I'm ok with this trade off. Yes, I know you can do a quick release and I did it with the tea but the steam stuff still throws me off a bit.

It was also really easy to clean, I prefer to wash the lid by hand but that was easy enough, and the inner pot doesn't take up that much space in the dishwasher.

I'm sold, I'm definitely using the instant pot every week to make soup, and I'm looking forward to trying other recipes in it.

Another update on the instant pot:

I just can't believe I didn't buy this sooner. Over the weekend I used the instant pot to make cold hibiscus tea, chicken thighs with sauce, and soup.

All three of them turned out beautifully and cooking them was pretty much hassle free. No standing by the stovetop checking if the pan doesn't spill and adjusting the temperature.

I was also worried about seasoning, and while I know that you can use the sauté function to keep cooking and adjust seasoning after pressure cooking, it would always add more time to the recipe. But I was able to hit the right seasoning right at the beginning and there was no need to fix the seasoning after. In the case of the soup, I'm pretty sure I used less seasoning than when I make it on the stovetop because I usually add salt before I boil the vegetables and then I keep adjusting the salt as it cooks, in the instant pot I just added 2g of salt in the beginning and when the soup was done the salt was just right.

Considering preheating, pressure cooking and natural pressure release, each food probably took me a bit longer than if I was cooking it on the stovetop, but since there's less active time of cooking, I'm ok with this trade off. Yes, I know you can do a quick release and I did it with the tea but the steam stuff still throws me off a bit.

It was also really easy to clean, I prefer to wash the lid by hand but that was easy enough, and the inner pot doesn't take up that much space in the dishwasher.

I'm sold, I'm definitely using the instant pot every week to make soup, and I'm looking forward to trying other recipes in it.
I agree, wish I bought one sooner. Well actually I did, I bought it over two years before I started using it because the boys were due to have flown the nest and then Covid happened and they were at home for two more years!

You can’t cook for a hungry family of four with one.
The boys are defo gone (at least half the time) now so I’m starting the pressure cooker adventure at approximately the same time as you 👏

I bought the Crockpot version as I like the brand but it’s the same as the instant and Ninjas in it’s functions.

Set the timer and walk away until it alarms and it’s steam release time- you’ll grow to love that bit!

Keep sharing!

Forgot to add the most relevant part...I was actually able to sit on the couch and read while the Instant Pot did its thing :D A lot more relaxing than standing at the stovetop watching the food all the time.

Anyway the next kitchen item-
My oven gauntlets are yet to show up but the next item is winging its way here.

It’s a minor thing but I’m very happy with it.
I often find myself struggling to find the right size airtight container for dressings, I wanted ones with measuring marks on the side that would be durable (dishwasher, microwave and freezer proof).
I have one baby bottle with a lid left over from yesteryear that was perfect then my son borrowed it….

They don’t make babies bottle the same way now, they’re curved and the ergonomically shaped bottles won’t be easy to mix ingredients in.

Yesterday I was searching for something to put fuel stabiliser in that I could leave ready measured and sealed.

Then voila breast milk storage jars! Dishwasher, microwave, oven and freezer safe with markings!!

Now my dressings will be sealed and my bike engine will get the correct amount of fuel stabiliser, must remember not to get those containers mixed up 😜

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0BV2JW75J?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

IMG_1844.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom