What can your children cook better than you?

Kake Lover

Veteran
Local time
6:23 AM
Both young Mr K and Miss K were sent off to uni, being able to do basic cooking especially gravy to go with sausages or a roast dinner. They always ended up making gravy for everyone when they did comunual cooking in their shared houses.
Young Mr K is still an expert on sausages and gravy but hasn't really increased his repetoire now he's married and his wife cooks mostly vegearian meals.

Wheras Miss K has become quite an adventurous cook whilst she's been away. She comes home and makes homemade dahl, lots of different rice dishes, - none of which I make, and her gravy is miles better than mine.

I'm really good at starters and mains. I'm only average on desserts, however my daughter is way better at desserts than me. I do a good brûlée but that's about it. She's also a good cake and biscuit cook, way better than me. I make the best and most popular food overall. She is good at Japanese cooking as she spent some time there many years ago.

Russ

Sushi and sashimi. I taught my boy to steel the proper slicing knife, then use long strokes to make tbe slices look pretty; not like they were sawed off. Now he's better than me.

He makes very nice pieces of sashimi, and is adept at nigiri sushi. Rolls are the next thing to learn.

Tonight's sushi wasn't laid out that great as we were really hungry, but if you look closely they're mostly evenly thick slices and not hacked to death.

0702181708d.jpg

I don't have kids but my bean dishes are better than moms were...but she was the best at potatos. My bro likes my cakes and i am told my chocolate chip cookies are fabulous but i don't know as i am not a fan of chocolate chip cookies.

Back
Top Bottom