What did you cook, eat or drink today (October 2018)?

20181008_191015.jpg
20181008_191007.jpg
20181008_191000.jpg
20181008_190951.jpg
20181008_190947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy's daughter did a Herm cake for us. It had all our names on it and it was filled with revels in the middle. My name there is Del.

Yesterday I conducted an inspection of the salad drawer of the refrigerator and discovered some shiitake mushrooms which had been there for 5 days. I can only imagine that they were bought for a cooking project that never came to fruition but they still looked and felt in decent nick so, encouraged by MG's thread on chicken soup, I decided to prepare a mushroom and sweetcorn soup (we still have sweetcorn in the freezer). Except for tom yam I rarely eat soup and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

mushroom sweetcorn soup 2 s.jpg

IMG_0780a.jpg
IMG_0781a.jpg

Breakfast this morning - Smoked salmon, feta and chervil omelette. The salmon was home smoked, and the chervil was from the garden. It was a bit rich.

We had the second pan of lasagna that we had made a few weeks back and froze. Garlic bread too.

Yesterday I conducted an inspection of the salad drawer of the refrigerator and discovered some shiitake mushrooms which had been there for 5 days. I can only imagine that they were bought for a cooking project that never came to fruition but they still looked and felt in decent nick so, encouraged by MG's thread on chicken soup, I decided to prepare a mushroom and sweetcorn soup (we still have sweetcorn in the freezer). Except for tom yam I rarely eat soup and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

View attachment 19844

It does look good.

Back
Top Bottom