What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about some fermented shark and a shot of unbranded Icelandic Schnapps.
20170703_204158.jpg

Mine would not have qualified for this challenge as I'm sure I've posted the recipe before elsewhere on this site.

I'm not sure you have. i did a search for Aloo Matar and it didn't come up. Did you call it that? If you can be bothered go to your profile, click on 'postings' and then scroll to the foot of the page and click on 'show all threads'. There are quite a lot!

I'm not sure you have. i did a search for Aloo Matar and it didn't come up. Did you call it that? If you can be bothered go to your profile, click on 'postings' and then scroll to the foot of the page and click on 'show all threads'. There are quite a lot!

It doesn't matter now as @Elawin beat me too it. :cool:

[I did the search also and found nothing, but that doesn't prove that there isn't anything]

But your recipe must be different to mine, as yours has tomatoes in it. Go ahead and post it.

OK, I shall tomorrow. It's late here now.

Oh, mine has cinnamon in it also [but it's removed before serving].

All of the talk about favorite cheeses in another thread got me to having a taste for cheese. Tonight's supper was a cheese board with salami and prosciutto, a fruit platter, and crudites, along with a selection of crackers. Neither one of us thought to run and get a baguette until the food was on the table. Next time...

View attachment 8769

The smoked Gouda in the upper-left corner of the board is from a dairy farm about 50 miles from us, although I bought it in a local grocery store. One of these days I'll remember to check out the fromagerie right in our own town.

View attachment 8770

By the way, all three patterned plates were my Mom's, some of which are her Mom's - and probably her Mom's before her! The top-center with the fruit is marked "Austria" while the green-edged with vegetables and the pierced edged one with crackers are marked "Germany".
I like all!

It doesn't matter now as @Elawin beat me too it. :cool:

[I did the search also and found nothing, but that doesn't prove that there isn't anything]

Well I'm going to enter my Aloo Matar recipe (all's fair in love and war). I have searched extensively and I really do not think yours has been posted. Besides, I'd like to see your recipe to compare notes (even if you don't enter it into the Challenge).

Lunch was a rare sirloin, garlic mashed potatoes and a salad.
Would have photographed it but the restaurant was too dark.
Dinner was a homemade milk shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom