What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

I did something I haven't done since our state closed down on March 16th - I dined out.

april 25 dinner.jpg

Mind you, this is on my back deck - it was finally warm enough (60 F / 15.5 C) to do so comfortably.

Dinner was: chicken thigh, cabbage, fennel bulb, Chinese 5-spice, soy, ground black pepper. With wine on the side.

The other half of the dish was re-heated in the skillet, with a sliced apple added to the preparation. (Edit, This morning's breakfast, served inside.)

Last edited:
I did something I haven't done since our state closed down on March 16th - I dined out.

View attachment 40147

Mind you, this is on my back deck - it was finally warm enough (60 F / 15.5 C) to do so comfortably.

Dinner was: chicken thigh, cabbage, fennel bulb, Chinese 5-spice, soy, ground black pepper. With wine on the side.

The other half of the dish was re-heated in the skillet, with a sliced apple added to the preparation. (Edit, This morning's breakfast, served inside.)
Food looks good, how's the service? 😉 :)

Food looks good, how's the service? 😉 :)

Service was rather lame, but it was outdoors. They capped that wine bottle with something other than the original cork, out of laziness. And I only got the fork, no true table setting. No one came by to ask me how my meal was. But the view and ambiance was fine - as was the actual food - , so I'll give the place three stars on Trip Advisor. Food would be 4.5 stars.

Service was rather lame, but it was outdoors. They capped that wine bottle with something other than the original cork, out of laziness. And I only got the fork, no true table setting. No one came by to ask me how my meal was. But the view and ambiance was fine - as was the actual food - , so I'll give the place three stars on Trip Advisor. Food would be 4.5 stars.

Laughed out loud at this.

Back
Top Bottom