What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kielbasa and sauerkraut
20240403_191004.jpg
20240403_192029.jpg

For a long time I would remember the French onion soup, but never cooked it or ate it so far, until yesterday. Gorgeous. And very filling. The caramelizing of the onions that took 55 minutes, was magical on its own. I might have added a tad more salt than desired, but it was still a treat. I was blown away by the richness of taste. I did use lard instead of butter in phase 2, as I avoid dairy, but I came to like lard, so it was excellent. I used chicken stock. Gluten free toast and vegan cheese. I might have waited a bit longer for the cheese to brown, but I had an online lesson, and still was fine.

20240403_120849.jpg
20240403_114731.jpg
20240403_120950.jpg
20240403_120857.jpg

For a long time I would remember the French onion soup, but never cooked it or ate it so far, until yesterday. Gorgeous. And very filling. The caramelizing of the onions that took 55 minutes, was magical on its own. I might have added a tad more salt than desired, but it was still a treat. I was blown away by the richness of taste. I did use lard instead of butter in phase 2, as I avoid dairy, but I came to like lard, so it was excellent. I used chicken stock. Gluten free toast and vegan cheese. I might have waited a bit longer for the cheese to brown, but I had an online lesson, and still was fine.

View attachment 111917View attachment 111919View attachment 111918View attachment 111920
That’s probably my favorite soup, and yours looks delicious - those onions are the perfect color!

Love French onion soup. In fact, I made beef stock and froze it a couple weeks ago so I can make some soon. Didn't make it then because grocery didn't have gruyere cheese, but got some the other day, so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom