What did you cook or eat today (February 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we went to get chickens last night. As wife was putting stuff away I said leave the whole bird out and I'll cook it for our dinner tomorrow. (Today) look for chicken and I can't find it. Ring wife, oh ohh I put it in the freezer.
Great, I'll have to make something up.??

Russ

Fridge Salad Night:

Homemade buttermilk dressing.

So I put chook in over at 50 deg for two hours it thawed it out. So we did have roast chicken with roast potatoes, pumpkin,carrots and pumpkin. With peas and cabbage from our garden. Home made rich dark gravy and butter on the spuds. It filled the gap, wife demolished hers as well.
Leftovers for butcher.

Russ

Do you have a recipe for the chicken cordon bleu?
Hi

I followed this recipe from the French Cooking Academy Youtube channel, but I use regular supermarket honey baked ham, and Cheddar.

Aside from that, everything the same - crumbled biscotte breadcrumbs, 5 mins in pan, baste with butter, then about 12 mins in oven at 160c to finish. I also like to put a pat of garlic parsley butter in as well, which gives it a ‘Kiev’ twist. :)

Cheers!

Hi

I followed this recipe from the French Cooking Academy Youtube channel, but I use regular supermarket honey baked ham, and Cheddar.

Aside from that, everything the same - crumbled biscotte breadcrumbs, 5 mins in pan, baste with butter, then about 12 mins in oven at 160c to finish. I also like to put a pat of garlic parsley butter in as well, which gives it a ‘Kiev’ twist. :)

Cheers!
Thank you so much! My husband loves chicken Cordon Bleu. I like it a lot too.

Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom