What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went out for lunch today.
I had Tonnarelli Pasta with Crab, hubby had Paella

I had my pick of numerous recipes that used mayonnaise in the sauce. Don't knock it, it was delicious (and greasy)! 😋

Its weird. The point about mayo is that its an emulsion. If you cook it, it collapses into a greasy mess. And this is the first time I heard of such a thing - I'm thinking it must be a USA thing.

I wonder what MypinchofItaly would make of cooking mayo on a pizza...

Its weird. The point about mayo is that its an emulsion. If you cook it, it collapses into a greasy mess. And this is the first time I heard of such a thing - I'm thinking it must be a USA thing.

I wonder what MypinchofItaly would make of cooking mayo on a pizza...
It's also pretty common here to use mayonnaise as part of a coating for chicken or fish, that sort of thing.

Lunch, from BK:

It's their BK Single Bacon King. I ate it in a nearby small city park. All while eating, I was accosted by an overly-friendly little kid who just kept staring and staring at me and saying, "Hi!...Hello!...Hi there!...Hi!..."

Of course, being the stubborn grump I can be sometimes, there was no way I was going to acknowledge him. :laugh:

For all you doubters:

This Condiment Makes Crispy Potatoes and Moist Chocolate Cake

Mayonnaise...it's what's for supper (and breakfast, and lunch, and all your in-between snacks)! :laugh:

I have heard of using mayo instead of butter on grilled cheese. I'm sure it works in place of butter or olive oil in other applications (it has oil in it). I've just never seen it used in bulk, as in place of sauce on a pizza... until now.

All I was saying to MG is that it is not an "American thing" that I know of.

CD

I have heard of using mayo instead of butter on grilled cheese. I'm sure it works in place of butter or olive oil in other applications (it has oil in it). I've just never seen it used in bulk, as in place of sauce on a pizza... until now.

All I was saying to MG is that it is not an "American thing" that I know of.

CD
Before I did that, I googled "mayonnaise pizza sauce" or something like and was a bit surprised that I had plenty of recipes to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom