What did you cook or eat today (March 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's tea was a bung it in the oven and program it so that I came home to a cooked meal, minus veg! I forgot, 😆

So (spelt) pasta bake with homemade vegan miso cashew sauce.

20240327_181937.jpg

I'll make up for it tomorrow! :laugh:

Yes it is.
Matter of fact, now that I think of it, when MrsT and I were dating, back in the late-80’s, our favorite “nice but not expensive” local restaurant was a place called Carbur’s, in Plattsburgh, NY - one of those casual places that served much better, all-homemade, food than you’d expect.

They served an absolutely killer Mexican lasagna, something seven or eight layers, smothered in cheese, filled with beef and refried beans, it was spectacular, and served in a ripping-hot cast iron skillet and big enough to share.

Matter of fact, now that I think of it, when MrsT and I were dating, back in the late-80’s, our favorite “nice but not expensive” local restaurant was a place called Carbur’s, in Plattsburgh, NY - one of those casual places that served much better, all-homemade, food than you’d expect.

They served an absolutely killer Mexican lasagna, something seven or eight layers, smothered in cheese, filled with beef and refried beans, it was spectacular, and served in a ripping-hot cast iron skillet and big enough to share.

This is my first outing with it. I made four of them in a big batch cook.
Ironically it was inspired by karadekoolaid’s suggestion a while ago of using tortilla’s instead of lasagne sheets 😂

It’s gone down well. I’ll be revisiting it (and revising it a bit) for sure 👍

Ohhhh, it’s excellent, uses flour tortillas instead of pasta noodles, taco-seasoned beef, Mexican-style cheeses, taco sauce, some sour cream on top when serving…it’s delicious!
That kinda sounds like my Mexican pizza that my SO loves. 2 layers of tortillas, cheese, refried beans, beef or chicken (we alternate) and all the fixings on top....let me see if I can post a pic...

Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 4.14.48 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom