What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tea and biscuits this morning and I just done my booze run so I picked up 2x shrimp rolls. Labelled that but in reality surimi crumb fried. Dam good .
Pizza later I think?

Russ

Sounds like you are getting into the "wife is away" thing. :okay:

CD

Chicken cooked in broth with garlic and ginger. Rice with ginger, sweet onion and garlic, and the chicken broth used to cook the chicken. Hothouse cucumber slices and cilantro as garnishes. Broth to finish the meal. Sauce with Thai yellow bean sauce, chili-garlic sauce, tamari, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, scallions over my chicken. Craig used it for his rice as well.

I don't remember the TV show we saw this on but it featured a Thai restaurant and this was their signature dish.

View attachment 100667

Lovely.

Notwithstanding the yellow bean sauce (which I am sure goes very well with it) this dish would be Hainanese Chicken Rice which is widespread round here. My son had that for lunch today. :)

I thin sliced some prime rib, piled some up, put a slice of Swiss cheese on top. I heated it in the microwave <GASP> and put it on a hard roll.

A microwave oven does do some things well. In this case, it heated the beef and melted the cheese so fast, that the meat stayed medium rare. It is like any other kitchen tool, you just have to know when and how to use it.

CD
My wife calls me a kitchen tool

Spicy and Garlicky Samphire.. I was inspired by one of the most typical way to season sautéed greens in Southern Italy, i.e. browning garlic cloves and chilli in a pan with very hot EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), then add greens and pan-fried them.

I did the same with samphire. Very happy with the flavour.
Oh and I haven't added any salt.

Samphire.jpg
Samphire 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom