What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salad:

IMG_8271.jpeg

Final touches on some dishes today, and tomorrow I'm off home to the peace and quiet of my house, garden, and Mr Porky the dog.
Strictly speaking, not what I ate today (because I've been eating them for 10 days straight), but some of the stuff we're going to put on the menu:
First up, Aloo Ghobi (potatoes with cauliflower)
ALOO GHOBI 1.jpg

Next, Keralan Shrimp with coconut milk, and some Naan bread in the background:
CHEMEEN PAPPAS 2.jpg

Keema Mattar (Minced beef with peas). This got dumped off the menu because it was too ordinary, and we replaced it with a Tenderloin marinated in yoghurt and spices, called Pasanda:
KEEMA MATTAR 1.jpg

One of my favourites: Mattar Paneer (peas with Indian cheese and a creamy sauce):
MATTAR PANEER 1.jpg

Finally, the simplest (and consequently, most difficult dish to master) Tarka Dal. Simply cooked split lentils with turmeric, topped with a "tarka"(fried onions, cumin seeds, ghee)
TARKA DAL.jpg

As you might observe, the photographs were expertly done by a professional, rather than butchered by KKA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
More to come tomorrow, when I get home; even a few new dishes I'd never made before.

I forgot to post yesterday's lunch.

I ended up with a very long day out of the house, so met up with hubby for lunch and to do the weekly shop in his lunch time.

20240510_120421.jpg

Zambrero's vegan burito with no extras (so no vegan sour cream or vegan cheese). Trying to watch the calories.

It’s our anniversary today, so husband and I went out to a local Italian restaurant. It was the restaurant’s anniversary as well, so they had a prixe fixe menu special.

We both had caesar salads to start; I had ricotta agnolotti and he had chicken marsala as entrees. We both had tartufo for dessert, and we shared a nice pinot grigio. No pics, we were too busy enjoying the food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom