What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a waffle and what? I can't work it out.
Looks like fried chicken or chicken fried steak. Chicken and waffles is a thing in the USA. I have never had it.
I do make waffles with corn meal, corn kernels and bacon bits in the batter.

Looks like fried chicken or chicken fried steak. Chicken and waffles is a thing in the USA. I have never had it.
I do make waffles with corn meal, corn kernels and bacon bits in the batter.
I've never had a savory waffle before.

The chicken and waffles thing seems weird to me. I hear they put syrup or honey on them along with the fried chicken? Not my thing.

I hear they put syrup or honey on them along with the fried chicken? Not my thing.
I don’t like chicken-and-waffles at all, but I have a honey-dipped fried chicken recipe from ATK that’s out of this world…and I can’t stand honey! :laugh:

Making barbecue sauce:

IMG_8354.jpeg

I don’t like chicken-and-waffles at all, but I have a honey-dipped fried chicken recipe from ATK that’s out of this world…and I can’t stand honey! :laugh:
I'm not a fan of sweet flavor on my proteins. No apples and pork, no maple bacon, etc. But I like honey on pancakes and dislike maple syrup unless it's mixed with honey.

I'm not a fan of sweet flavor on my proteins. No apples and pork, no maple bacon, etc. But I like honey on pancakes and dislike maple syrup unless it's mixed with honey.
It’s been on my list to make, that fried chicken, since I joined here, but I hate frying chicken. :laugh:

I haven’t had it, but I’m predisposed to not liking it because it has honey in the name. :laugh:
Open your mind Quaid :laugh:
I'm not a huge fan of honey either but I like acacia honey. It's a mild flavour and probably closer to the syrups you enjoy.
Its also usually one of the pricier bog standard honeys on the shelf of course 🙄

It’s been on my list to make, that fried chicken, since I joined here, but I hate frying chicken. :laugh:
If it was spicy I might like it.

Yeah frying chicken stinks up the house. You could do it in the garage or driveway if you have deep fryer like a fry daddy or turkey fryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom