What did you cook today April 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navratri fasts are going on in India. Today is the last day of fasting. During Navratri fasting, eating of grains is prohibited. So special Navratri food is cooked during these days. Today we have cooked potato curry and Kuttu ki poori for lunch.
Sounds gorgeous - I love potato curry.

Today's lunch was of Sambhar and rice. Sambhar is a lentil-based vegetable stew or chowder based on a broth made with tamarind and is a popular dish from South India.

Because the dog was having something purely "doggie" for his supper, I went to town and made myself broccoli in cheese sauce - there were other things in it to make it a complete meal. For instance, tonight put red and brown onion, mushroom, garlic and courgette in with it and ate it with a couple of thick slices of fresh homemade bread.

Tuesday night's dinner: jacket sweet potato, sprouting broccoli and walnuts in butter, and paneer cubes with cherry tomatoes. The small plate in the background is somedog's supper but in his case added carrot and no butter:D

Jacket sweet potato+purple sprouting broccoli[2].jpg
purple

Today I cooked a famous Punjabi recipe -'chole bhature' for lunch. It is a combination of chana masala (spicy chick peas) and fried bread called bhatoora (made of maida flour).
download.jpg

I had leftover steamed potatoes and squash on hand, so I tossed that together with some lettuce, onion, carrots and stir-fried up some black bean sprouts with hot sauce and garlic. On the side, I had red miso soup with mushrooms and scallions. Simple and delicious.

Defrosted my turkey meatballs and had them with left over cabbage <paaarp>

I cooked stuffed lady finger and chapati for lunch. Along with it, we had lauki (bottle guard) ka raita (curd).

I made a dry brined pork chop recipe along side some roasted garlic herbed potatoes. To go along side it I made a simple stirfry of zucchini, carrots, onions and mushrooms. The pork was left in my refrigerator for a day then cooked on my charcoal grill to perfection.

I didn't really cook today. I was in a research study which involved food, and the meal was very good, and large so I had it for lunch and dinner. It was large seasoned shrimp in bow tie pasta with a bit of cheese, a small tossed salad, and a large fruit cup. The only thing I "cooked" was a bit of garlic bread to go along with the dish, because by the time the evening meal came along, there wasn't that much left, and the leftovers weren't quite enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom