What do you cook the best?

Curry. I started with a recipe of David Smith (of all people) back around late 80s after returning from a couple of visits to India. I messed with the recipe for many months (using Madhur's influence) and ended up with a chicken curry which is ideal for me and mine (as was). The ingredients are now measured reasonably accurately and it turns out similar most times although the heat varies depending upon the heat of the fresh chilies (which varies considerably here).

curry.jpg

I'd have to say curry, too. Its my first love! Though I can turn my hand to many things...

Who is David Smith? I fear that if I google that name it may not tell me much!

Recipe here for spinach kedgeree. It doesn't look like kedgeree to me... and I'm not at all sure about the green beans included.
However, spinach goes with smoked fish and with eggs....

Last edited:
That is the recipe I use, and it is gorgeous, although I don't always put the beans in it. Don't forget I am allergic to fish :D
Yes I do remember your allergy. It is just that kedgeree really should not contain green beans IMHO. They are crunchy/squeaky and not correct in comfort food or rice dishes of this nature. Spinach I can just about accept. I'd rather see a proper vegetarian sub for the smoked fish rather than adding green veg. But hey ho... I suppose I will have to 'test kitchen' this recipe! :D

Or adapt it...

Yes I do remember your allergy. It is just that kedgeree really should not contain green beans IMHO. They are crunchy/squeaky and not correct in comfort food or rice dishes of this nature. Spinach I can just about accept. I'd rather see a proper vegetarian sub for the smoked fish rather than adding green veg. But hey ho... I suppose I will have to 'test kitchen' this recipe! :D

Or adapt it...
I don't know. It actually looks quite nice to me.

Back
Top Bottom