What do you cook when you don't have much available?

meals cook

Local time
7:22 PM
Website
mealscook.com
A simple meal for two, baked potato with a little mushroom and very little pizza cheese

When you have potatoes, eggs and onions, I suggest you this dish:
kuku sibzamini recipe

20231214_225311.jpg

Last edited:
I usually go to pasta. Cacio e Pepe or oil and garlic..then, maybe cut up a tomato with a bit of balsamic..anything as long as it's not take out from this town devoid of anything decent

For me it's frozen convenience stuff, air-fried. That would be chicken nuggets, french fries, maybe served up with some microwaved frozen peas and a fried egg.... that sort of thing.

For me it's frozen convenience stuff, air-fried. That would be chicken nuggets, french fries, maybe served up with some microwaved frozen peas and a fried egg.... that sort of thing.
Yes, for example, seasoning potatoes and putting them in the air cooker will be great

Depends of what I still got :)
But generally most likely a noodle dish or noodle soup.
Onion, some form of meat, garlic, chili's, noodles, egg and whatever veg or extra I can find.
Fish sauce. Maybe oyster sauce or soy. Piece of creamed coconut, tamarind juice...
I like noodles most of the time, but potatoes cook easier and faster

It really depends whats about. I have a reputation for being able to pull random ingredients together into something cohesive. There have to be some benefits to knocking on and having a library’s worth of recipe’s occupying far too many brain cells 😆

I always have dried pasta and canned tomatoes in the pantry. Of course, I also have herbs and spices in the pantry, too. Pasta is one option.

I also almost always have flour tortillas in the fridge, and there are always some kind of meats in the freezer. Also eggs and cheese in the fridge. Quesadillas and tacos are an easy option.

CD

Somehow I never manage to empty my freezer.
I defrost ground beef, but then cook it with so much else that I cant finish it. So I take out a small pack of beef and replace with 3-4 times it's space.

And noodles do cook a heck of a lot faster than potatoes and no need to peel them either :)

I look in the fridge first.
We've always got loads of pasta and loads of lentils, split peas, beans, etc. Plus I've got a whole load of spices, condiments, chutneys, hot sauces, conserves like pesto, caponata, sundried tomatoes, etc., so it's never really a problem to "throw something together"

Back
Top Bottom