What foods do you make originate in your garden?

Lostvalleyguy

Veteran
Local time
12:59 AM
In the summer, I make a lot of salads. The main reason for this is that I have many salad type ingredients ready and ripe for the picking. Fruits and berries are always nice on their own but if there is a surplus, they can end up getting baked into a pie (by my pie baking neighbour) or made into jam.

What do you make from the harvest in your garden?

I have a small vegetable garden where I plant tomatoes, onions, lettuce, broccoli and cauliflower. I use the tomatoes in sandwiches and salad and as a main ingredient in pasta sauce. I use all of the above ingredients in rice and noodle stir frys along with a bit of tofu too.

I mainly have salads as I tend to grow veggies for this but when there are others such as squash, green peppers, onions, etc I come up with different dishes. I like sautéed squash or stuffed peppers.

Sadly, I don`t have a garden, as I live in an apartment building, but the good thing is that a huge market is really close to where I live, and I can get fresh produce from there, and that includes almost everything I would need to make a nice, traditional salad with fresh, bio ingredients.

Lots of salads and stir fries, even for breakfast. The main thing that I have in my garden are tomatoes; I love making and canning salsa so I need lots of tomatoes and peppers.

Back
Top Bottom