What Goes Into Your Suitcase When You Travel?

kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Local time
9:29 AM
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
As we chat about travel plans and what we take with us or better yet, what we bring home ... What Goes Into Your Suitcase When You Travel?

With our impending month long trip to Hawaii fast approaching, I'm starting to think about what I'll bring along.
As I have lost so much weight since being ill, I found this adorable bathing suit in the bottom of my dresser drawer ...

IMG_3866.JPG

IT FITS!!!
I've had this for a number of years, but was too chunky to wear it... I love it! I know it's hard to see, but there's a few metallic threads running through the top.
The bottom is a skirted-bikini combo - comfy!

As we chat about travel plans and what we take with us or better yet, what we bring home ... What Goes Into Your Suitcase When You Travel?

With our impending month long trip to Hawaii fast approaching, I'm starting to think about what I'll bring along.
As I have lost so much weight since being ill, I found this adorable bathing suit in the bottom of my dresser drawer ...

View attachment 112569
IT FITS!!!
I've had this for a number of years, but was too chunky to wear it... I love it! I know it's hard to see, but there's a few metallic threads running through the top.
The bottom is a skirted-bikini combo - comfy!
I really love that.. WANT! 😂

My packing all revolves around how little I can get away with carrying on the bike, so clothing wise it’s very minimal, two sets of motorcycle clothes and two sets of normal clothes.
Usually a tiered dress or roomy shirt dress that I can comfortably fit leggings merino wool vests underneath if it’s cold.

On a sunny weathered holiday like your going to have I pack everything!

Packing totally depends on where I go and how (transport wise)
Plane trip to nice weather country without crocodiles: minimal clothes, maybe fishing rods, maybe even mask & snorkel
Plane trip to Europs: extra bag inside suitcase. Weight of luggage to Europe, approx 5 kg, weight coming back: 46 kg
Car trip in Afrika: minimal clothes, lots of everything else

I pack a week’s worth of clothes, regardless of how long we’re away for, and that means fresh underclothes every day, but allowing for wearing trousers, sweaters multiple times. Shirts…maybe twice.

Two pairs of shoes (one black/grey, one brown), a sport coat of some sort. I usually don’t pack a hat, which allows me to buy one when I’m there. Coat if it’s cold out.

Loungewear, mainly for something to do laundry in and run down to the drinks machine in. Scarf…two belts, same as the shoes…I think that about covers it.

Depends on where I'm going.. For the Uk this month, I packed two pairs of shoes, underwear for 2 days (because I managed to add bleach, instead of fabric softener to the last wash and had to throw loads away!), 2 shirts (already had 6 over there) and a sweater. Total weight (including the carry on which went inside), 18 kgs.
On the way back, I had about the same ( with more underwear which I'd bought) plus all the goodies I'd bought (cheese, single malt, tea,spices) plus all sorts of crap Mrs KKA decided to ship back. Total weight: 31 kgs!

I had already made a promise to DH that I wasn't going to bring back any food items from Hawaii, I think I've already broken that promise! :laugh:
I was watching a streaming video on YouTube from these two young people in Honolulu, I forgot that I wanted some Japanese Rice Crackers ... I can't that here in Cowboyville Arizona.

I can pack.in 2 mins. Years of experience supplying customers.
A week in Australia: 7 prs undies 7 tops 2 to.3 pr shorts.
2 pr jandals razor and smelliee

Russ

I can pack.in 2 mins. Years of experience supplying customers.
A week in Australia: 7 prs undies 7 tops 2 to.3 pr shorts.
2 pr jandals razor and smelliee

Russ
What about formal nights?

No such thing I'm my world or ozzie . Ozzie is pretty laid back..wife Takes 4bags.

Russ
I’m always worried something’s going to come up and I’m going to need a necktie and hard shoes*.

Anybody else grow up during a time/in a place where leather dress shoes were called “hard shoes” because they were so stiff?

I just got in the mail two new swimsuits and I'm excited!
Don't need much In Hawaii, tropical environment as others have mentioned.
AND I'm taking anything fancy/formal.
In Hawaii, it's totally acceptable to wear a collared shirt for nice restaurants, nice shorts and nice slippers/flip flops/sandals.
We have a stack-up electric washer and dryer in the apartment, a fully equipped kitchen, linens, beach chairs (nice ones too) and coolers.
I have my curbside pick up order ready to plugin online to the supermarket - and the first place we want to go is a Sushi Restaurant a coupla doors down from the market - meet the rental agent - get our keys and automatic garage door opener - set - ready - GO BEACH!!!

IMG_3869.JPG

Both are the same cut/style, just different fabrics - so I can mix `n match
IMG_3870.JPG

This is a suit I've had for a few years and now it's a little big - not to mention that I don't expose that much skin in public - this only for the backyard to get my brown on before we leave ...
IMG_3871.JPG

and did I mention that everything "goes"?
I've had these cover-ups a while as well.

Back
Top Bottom