• Working with amazing ingredients

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

G Tunnell

Über Member
Local time
9:23 PM
Hi my name is Gavin and I am a foodie.

Yes I know it sounds like something from an AA meeting but food for me is an addiction.

I don't think that there is anyone one this site that dosnt think about food most of the day even when you should be working.

I love all types of food and love all levels of cooking and let's be honest eating as well.

What got you into food?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've answered love of flavour because it was experiencing 'exotic' tastes which first inspired me. After a childhood largely eating rather bland food with not a lot of spicing, going for a meal in an Indian restaurant for the first time (as a teenager) was a revelation!

I need to eat. And I need to eat food that I like.

20 years ago I moved out of one of the best hotels in Asia into an apartment because I needed to cook my own food. There was nothing wrong (of course) with the hotel food but it wasn't mine.

[Edit: and as it was Kuala Lumpur, there was very little pork!]

Last edited:
As a child my mom was always entertaining. She delighted in hearing people compliment her great cooking and was thrilled when her guest just kept coming back for more. I think that pique my interest. I wanted to create dishes that would have people talking....good things.

Watching Floyd on France in my early twenties. For the first time it became cool for a man to cook.James Bond in the kitchen - he had a really passion for ingredients and authentic regional, usually rustic cooking methods. The glass of wine, the cigarette, the glamorous blond on his arm and the Aston Martin parked outside did nothing but enhance his appeal. I wanted to be Keith Floyd. It was never going to happen, but it did kick start a passion for cooking.

Hi my name is Gavin and I am a foodie.

Yes I know it sounds like something from an AA meeting but food for me is an addiction.

I don't think that there is anyone one this site that dosnt think about food most of the day even when you should be working.

I love all types of food and love all levels of cooking and let's be honest eating as well.

What got you into food?
It was hard to vote as all 3 got me into cooking.
I've been married for 43 years. I working in banking and my wife is a dental hygienist. When we were first married, I was off bank holidays and she wasn't so I decided it would be a nice gesture to have dinner ready when she came home. Was very much an amateur but had cookbooks as wedding gifts with plenty of easy/simple recipes so started there. Set a nice table...had her favorite cocktail ready...etc As we stared a family, got away from cooking but a god number of years ago started up again ( long story as to why). Since then, I think I'm a "very good amateur" and given enough time and pots & pans, can a prepare an excellent 5 Star meal with the best of them.

Back
Top Bottom