What is the best substitute for a filo dough?

Bakemehappy

Veteran
Local time
4:53 AM
I got interested in a triangle looking pastry that I saw online. Base on the article it was a Tiropita from Greece. Basically you stuff the dough with two kinds of cheese. I do not know if there is a good substitute to this dough. It looks like a Vietnamese rice paper.

I got interested in a triangle looking pastry that I saw online. Base on the article it was a Tiropita from Greece. Basically you stuff the dough with two kinds of cheese. I do not know if there is a good substitute to this dough. It looks like a Vietnamese rice paper.
I think the rice paper 'wrappers' would work although I'm not entirely certain we are talking about the same thing. The rice flour 'wrappers' I mean are for making filled steamed dumplings. Can't you get filo where you are? I just realised I don't know where you are!! You should add your location under you picture. Its easy! Click here: How to add your location to below your avatar
Anyway, filo pastry is available in all supermarkets in the UK. Usually stored next to the ready-made puff pastry.

Back
Top Bottom