What is the next recipie you are going to try?

kgord

Veteran
Local time
4:02 AM
I saw a recipe for a low carb version of a meatball casserole on Pinterest. It is a variation of a Rachel Ray recipe and has the flavor of a Rebuen. It really looked awesome from the picture. Something that is delicious like that and also low carb is right up my alley. I say Yes!!!

Reactions: L_B
I was meant to be trying out a new recipe tonight for our evening meal but ran out of time. However I have spotted a nice bread recipe that I fancy trying at some point, however having made another 3 loaves just today, I will have to wait until we have eaten those first!

I've become a complete maverick and hardly ever follow a recipe. Today I made some muffins and used oil instead of butter and added milk (not in original recipe), tipped everything into a big bowl and mixed to a lumpy goo. It took me all of five minutes to mix. Then baked for twenty minutes. They turned out just fine!

However, I do intend to try @SatNavSaysStraightOn's recipe for Balsamic Onions in Puff Pastry (with or without Camembert/Brie). And I will promise to follow the recipe! Well, on the first occasion at least...:whistling:

I had to look up Rebuen as its not something we get in the UK (to my knowledge). For those that don't know:

The Reuben sandwich is a hot sandwich composed of corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian or Thousand Island dressing, grilled between slices of rye bread.

Reactions: L_B
The next recipe that I really want to try for the coming holiday season is the "Fruitcake". This is one of our traditional festive food that is being serve on our dining table during Christmas Day and we are just buying it in a well known bakeshop in our place. This is one of my family's favorite food during the holiday season. How I wish that I can bake one so that we will not buy anymore. Up to now I am having a hard time finding the right recipe that had been tested already and that taste good too.

I'm planning on making a chorizo and butternut squash soup from a new book that I just got in the mail today! It sounds perfect for fall!
Wow, those all really sound like interesting recipes. I get a lot of my ideas from looking at Pinterest. It is heaven for foodies. Just about any dish you would like to make is listed there it seems, along with beautiful pictures and instructions. They also have a variety of craft ideas. Join if you have not. You will be amazed at the content contained therein, and best of all it is free.

Something with Guinness. No one has touched the last Guinness I've had in the fridge for weeks. I just don't know which recipe to try and I've been busy. I want to try something that is super easy from the list of about 33 Guinness recipes provided by Classic33.

I forgot to mention I want to perfect a bread, so that's also on my 'to do list'.

I would really like to try making a cheesecake. I love cheesecake, but have never made it. My niece does lovely cheesecakes for the holiday season and this is one of the desserts that I never leave out when it comes to choosing which desserts I want to have. It goes very well with ice cream too. I have a feeling the recipe may not be hard to follow, but I would have to look it up and see.

My next thing is an ice cream cake made from ice cream sandwiches. I saw this on Facebook and wanted to take it to the next church cook out we will have soon. The person took 2-3 boxes of ice cream sandwiches, layered them with caramel syrup and whipped cream until all of the sandwiches were layered, about 3 layers topped with whipped cream and dusted with shaved chocolate. Looked so good.

It's getting cold where I'm from so I'd like to try a warm and comforting recipe for my family like a Sheperd's pie. I'm also thinking of making some steak sandwiches and tomato soup this thursday. For dessert I'm making drunk oreos, chocolate granola bars and mango float.

With the glut of apples I and going to make some apple butter,I postponed this from last year as we ran short of apples from our trees

I'm salivating over a recipe for duck lasagna from Jamie Oliver's comfort food book,which sounds amazing,so hoping to try that this week.

It is a Mushroom Bisque I constructed in my head today. I have almost all ingredients but I will need to buy a zucchini or two and some spices. A good soy sauce is another thing I will need. I like eating with a spoon and thick bisques are my favourite food. I will have arugula salad with sweet dressing along with some poached or boiled eggs and grilled bread sliced in small cubes and seasoned with oils sand ground hot pepper.

Back
Top Bottom