What is your favorite breakfast combo?

I take paratha with hot dips and back coffee in my breakfast. Parata is a local dish prepared by flattening dough and cooking with butter on a fry pan. My hot dips are usually sauce made from tomato and red peeper.

Y'all are making me hungry. I popped on here before heading downstairs to make coffee and breakfast. I think I'll defrost some bacon while I'm down there, after reading this thread. I haven't bothered to take any meat out of the freezer to cook, since it's a Lent Friday. My breakfasts used to vary quite a bit, and I'd get fancier on the weekends, but lately I mainly eat a fried egg and toast.

I usually eat one thing until I get tired of it, then start making something else. I'll add in some bacon or sausages sometimes, and I'll do that once the bacon thaws out and I can get it cooked up, but my absolute favorite usually includes eggs, bacon and hash browns. Some days I'll make biscuits and gravy, but I often eat that for dinner, rather than breakfast, and I'm getting a craving for french toast, another favorite.

I am not a breakfast food person. If I eat breakfast it is usually some cereal or yogurt. If I eat a combo breakfast lunch meal it maybe a burger with a salad and some fruit. I try to eat most of my food before 2PM keeping the rest of my meals on the light side like a salad or soup and fruit.

I have been on a big yogurt and granola kick lately. I love that I can buy plain yogurt and mix any flavor of granola in with it. It is super versatile and really pretty good for you.

I love breakfast, it is probably one of my most favorite meals of the day. When thinking of breakfast, I will usually make or order my usual, sunny side eggs, bacon, home fries and rye bread to dip in my yolk. I love this combo for breakfast so much I will often eat for dinner also.

What is your favorite breakfast combo?
It changes but right now my favorite is 1 slice 12 grain bread toasted and buttered. topped with scrambled eggs loaded with bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Topped with Jack cheese, and maybe some diced fried potatoes on the side or a cup of mixed fruit.

This week it's an egg, a piece of toast, and 1 or 2 sausage links. It varies by what I have in the house and how I'm feeling. Today's a coffee day, yesterday was both coffee and tea, but it's usually one of the two. I've been craving pancakes, so I might make a batch later, for dinner. I'll freeze the extras, and pull out a few at a time, when a craving hits.

I was just going to say pancakes. I've been craving them so badly. I like them with sausage.

I don't need to be eating either one of those things, but they sure do sound good right now.

Actually first thing in the morning I always drink my fresh smoothies of apple, kiwi, banana, cucumber and carrot. And this make me full already so I rarely have my breakfast. But if there are days when I am having my breakfast it is either garlic rice and stir fried corn beef and fried egg with hot chocolate. Sometimes I eat only my own version of fried rice..with spam, scrambled eggs, bean sprouts, cabbage with oyster sauce and pepper to taste.

Today, I had an egg, toast, blueberries and a handful of nuts. My normal breakfast is cereal, but I haven't had that in forever, since I am following this stupid diet I don't like. I am going to do Weight Watchers as they offer a bit more flexibility. I am sick to death of this thing...and I have not lost nearly as much as I had hoped! However, I was introuduced to some good low cal smoothies, but I don't like making them in the morning. They are work! However, I will remember to add a protein..in the AM.

Back
Top Bottom