What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 15.30.44.png

I'm not bothered about the lettuce, but the insulin and blood products could be a bit of a drag.

It makes me smile to think that a good percentage who voted for Brexit did so to stop the free movement of Europeans, being sold the lie that leaving the EU meant no more immigration. The opposite is true, immigration must be maintained to supply the labour Britain needs, so fewer Europeans means more brown people, many of which are likely to be Muslim.

Not exactly what the Xenophobes and bigots voted for, but what they are going to get. That makes me chuckle.

Vc, my take on Brexit is that the Brits never really thought it through and just. Voted, then when thy realised the costs, they want it changed. I never did understand voting for it. Crazy. Just my opinion.

Russ

Vc, my take on Brexit is that the Brits never really thought it through and just. Voted, then when thy realised the costs, they want it changed. I never did understand voting for it. Crazy. Just my opinion.

Russ

The thing is, your average Joe has no idea what being in the EU is about so the greedy MPs and racists took advantage and lied, it is only now a lot of things are coming to light (what is the Irish backstop?) that people are now starting to realise it is way more complicated than was originally sold to us.

The thing is, your average Joe has no idea what being in the EU is about so the greedy MPs and racists took advantage and lied, it is only now a lot of things are coming to light (what is the Irish backstop?) that people are now starting to realise it is way more complicated than was originally sold to us.

My take completely !

Russ

I'm not bothered about the lettuce, but the insulin and blood products could be a bit of a drag.

It makes me smile to think that a good percentage who voted for Brexit did so to stop the free movement of Europeans, being sold the lie that leaving the EU meant no more immigration. The opposite is true, immigration must be maintained to supply the labour Britain needs, so fewer Europeans means more brown people, many of which are likely to be Muslim.

Not exactly what the Xenophobes and bigots voted for, but what they are going to get. That makes me chuckle.
There is a certain irony here. We have always had control of our non-European borders, but have chosen not to control them. Immigration from outside the EU has outnumbered immigration from within the EU for quite a few years, so what do the Brexiteers expect will happen?

The meal we had at our new favorite Northern Italian restaurant last night.

This afternoon in Sainsburys, I had bought 2 nightshirts and a pair of slippers, when the guy at the till picked up the blue nightshirt I commented to my husband 'that will look nice on you' the till guy replied 'it brings out his eyes' :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom