What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes., tree ears -aka wood ears - are mushrooms. We just had some in a Chinese dish the other night.

Lilly buds are exactly just that, also used in Chinese cooking.

How are you going to make them, Med? Stir fry?

I did not buy food today unless you count the chocolate frosty i bought at wendy's...they are on sale for 50¢...how could i not stop and get one after spending too long in the heat loading and unloading a giant rolling tool box from my truck. The giant box was a bargain too and a nice vintage kennedy machinist box at that, just in need of some tlc. But that frosty hit the spot but it was so hot you had to suck it down with a straw cause it melted so fast.

We went to this huge farmer's market in a city south of where we live. There are a lot of junk stalls, various ethnic clothing/other stuff, spice/tea stalls, plus a fresh fish stall, heritage pig/cow/goat cooperative stall that has gorgeous meat, lots of fruit/vege purveyors, restaurants, pretty much anything you could want. There are close to 400.vendors.

We came home with:

2019-01-12 14.05.22.jpg
2019-01-12 14.04.58.jpg
2019-01-12 14.04.28.jpg

We went to this huge farmer's market in a city south of where we live. There are a lot of junk stalls, various ethnic clothing/other stuff, spice/tea stalls, plus a fresh fish stall, heritage pig/cow/goat cooperative stall that has gorgeous meat, lots of fruit/vege purveyors, restaurants, pretty much anything you could want. There are close to 400.vendors.

We came home with:

View attachment 21766 View attachment 21767 View attachment 21768

Lovely haul. The tomatoes look good... and the mushrooms. What cut of beef?

Never made oxtail anything. My lady friend makes it often. I say my lady friend, she is my friends wife, but she is like a little sister I never had. She led a sheltered life and is a bit naive. Since I've known her she has grown into a more confident person. Your haul looks amazing. We are eating from the freezer today, BBQ at sons house. Taking steaks sausages and chops out.

Russ

Looking again at the ox-tail @medtran49, the pieces look really big! Of course I can't really judge the scale but when I buy it, its usually max. 3 inches in diameter.

A mighty ox?

That's a pork tenderloin next to it.

I forgot these. Himalayan pink salt and truffled sea salt. OMG, the smell when he opened the bag.

Yeah - I realised it was pork tenderloin but I still think those oxtails look huge!

I'm lucky re the pink Himalayan -there is a shop (chain) in the UK called Flying Tiger from Copenhagen. They sell mainly quirky cheap designer things but also a few herbs and spices at £1 ($1.20) per pack - so that's where my Himalayan salt comes from. I've seen it on sale at 4 times the price in markets. I can't remember how much is in the pack though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom