What Snacks have you eaten today? (November 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
8:36 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
It occurred to me that whilst everyone is more than happy to own up to their meals, no-one ever days what they had as a snack today. So I thought I would stay a thread about snacks.

Time to own up. Take a picture, and show us what you've had as a snack...

I'll start. I'm just back in after cleaning out the drainage 'ditches'. It's raining you see and when it rains it knows how to rain. There appears to be no option for drizzle or light rain. It either throws it down or it doesn't rain at all...

So I've come back in soaked and cool. The fire's lit, I've made myself a hot (Almond) milk and had a round of peanut butter on toast.

DSC_2215.JPG DSC_2212.JPG DSC_2213.JPG

Last edited:
I do not eat "snacks" as indicated .. I am a "cheese a holic" !

So, grissini, bio crusty crackers & rustic chapata bread and baguette and cheese are my favored snack with fresh fruit ..

Enjoy your snack and have a lovely day ..

I don't really snack either. I have cast iron will when it comes to that. In fact, the 'snack' you picture above (minus the milk) would be lunch for me if I ate lunch! Sometime early evening I will eat a packet of crisps but not very often and usually only if I had nothing else to eat all day.

What I am doing, of course is quite often cooking on and off throughout the day - so I taste test as I go. I suppose that is almost like snacking!

Last edited:
So, grissini, bio crusty crackers & rustic chapata bread and baguette and cheese are my favored snack with fresh fruit ..

What I am doing, of course is quite often cooking on and off throughout the day - so I taste test as I go. I suppose that is almost like snacking

They all count as snacks. Anything between meals is a snack. It can be healthy or otherwise... It does not have to be from the snack isle of the supermarket!

I have a weakness for salty snacks. A piece of cheese, a bag of Lays Dill Pickle Chips. For sweet cravings - dark chocolate or my guilty pleasure - a spoonful of creamy peanut butter, drizzled with honey, washed down with milk.

I had a rude awakening. I over indulged. Between October 2016 and March 2017 I gained 15 lbs. :ohmy: Not good. I have lost 10 of the 15 lbs. I am struggling with the last 5 lbs. I am far from obese - just moderately over weight. I do not like it. When my Hubby is home I eat what he eats - lean and green. When he is away I indulge with carbs and sauces.

Like @morning glory I taste when I cook - sometimes I taste so much that I am full before dinner.

I have cut way back on snacking. Peanut butter once or twice a week without the honey. A piece of cheese no more than 3 or 4 times a week. I have to smack my hand to avoid the potato chips - limit 2 small bags per month.

I KNOW what I need to do. Move my butt from the chair to the stationary bike 20 - 30 minutes per day. I hate exercise.

The holidays are on the horizon which means over indulgence.

My goal starting as soon as I post this reply.

Stationary bike 20 - 30 minutes every day whether I want to or not.

I had a rude awakening. I over indulged. Between October 2016 and March 2017 I gained 15 lbs. :ohmy: Not good. I have lost 10 of the 15 lbs. I am struggling with the last 5 lbs. I am far from obese - just moderately over weight. I do not like it.

Sounds like you have done well! I hate being even moderately overweight too. I am more or less on target right now 10 stone (140lb/ 63.5 kilos). I'm quite tall (5ft 8). This is only achieved by virtually no snacking except for tasting what I'm cooking, and a small evening meal. I do drink too much wine (does that count as snacking?) and I don't do much exercise though. Maybe I need to!

DITTO Many useless calories. Do not intend to give it up. So a little time on the exercise bike each day to burn off those extra calories. A trade off I am willing to make.

Twenty minutes yesterday. Now to keep it up.

I once joined a gym - the fitness instructor said that the exercise bike would help fitness but sadly doesn't burn off many calories... it depends how hard you pedal I suppose.

Last edited:
the fitness instructor said that the exercise bike would help fitness but sadly doesn't burn off many calories

Oh well - it is a start. It is good for cardio - which I need and will help strengthen my leg muscles. My legs used to look good. Now they are kind of doughy. :eek: I do not pedal hard. I have done it before and gradually increased the time and distance - pedal rate. Still not willing to give up my wine.

Oh well - it is a start. It is good for cardio - which I need and will help strengthen my leg muscles. My legs used to look good. Now they are kind of doughy. :eek: I do not pedal hard. I have done it before and gradually increased the time and distance - pedal rate. Still not willing to give up my wine.

Cycling is great for toning the legs. Mine look a bit doughy too. I don't have a static bike though. Maybe I ought to get back to the gym... (we are off-topic).:whistling:

One of my best loved snacks is mixed nuts. I buy them at least once a month and keep my nut dish topped up.

View attachment 11425

Nuts are very addictive. I didn't used to eat them very much as I always think they are very calorific (well, they are!) - but I saw a TV programme about fat burning where it 'proved' that if you had small amounts of nuts it fuelled fat burning. So now, I have a few nuts occasionally.

We are drinking tea and eating ALDI gluten and wheat free quadruple Belgian Chocolate cookies, very nice they are too. We have had 2 each the other 4 will go into the fridge for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom