What Stage of Ripeness do you like Bananas?

DIna00

Veteran
Local time
9:43 AM
What stage of ripeness do you most enjoy to eat bananas?

I have recently read the starch/sugar ratio changes in bananas as they ripen. So you can actually be getting a different nutritional content depending upon what stage of ripeness you eat them in. When they are green or yellow, they have a higher starch content. As they turn brown, the starch converts to sugars, so they have a higher sugar content the riper they are. Riper bananas are supposedly easier to digest because of this, but also worse for diabetics. A unripe banana would be a better choice for someone controlling their blood sugar. It is all really interesting, something I've never contemplated about bananas before!

I like to eat bananas when they are just beginning to ripen. I do not like them too green since I find them not only harder to eat, but more difficult to digest as well. I do not like an over-ripe banana, so I try to catch them before they get to this stage. Sometimes only part of the banana is overripe, while the other part is not. In this case, I would get rid of the over-ripe portion. When bananas get to the over-ripe stage, they are then more suitable for making banana bread, since the sweetness of the banana at this stage would act as a sweetener for the bread, and there would be no need for added sugar.

Generally I don't like eating bananas too much because they bloat me up. When I do eat them I always buy then unripe, very green and because of the temperatures this side they usually ripen extremely fast and become very soggy!

I prefer them just right in all honesty. Thanks for the information, didn't know a lot of what you just out up!

I prefer bananas when they are yellow. They are too hard when they still have a touch of green but I don't like them too brown and mushy either.

I like my bananas to be firm and yellow, when they start to get brown and soft I do not care to eat the banana, I use it to cook with it.

hang mine separate from the fruit bowel on a meat hook,buy them under ripe and eat when they turn ripe,i don't like over ripe bananas

I like eating bananas and I eat the one that has a yellow color and not yet over ripe. I always want it to be this way when I am eating them and I do not eat too much of this fruit only once a day is enough for me.

We have lots of babana variety in our country. In terms of ripeness I prefer yellow banana. The taste is sweet but not too sweet to cause any sugar related imbalances. This one variety that my people likes to cook when they are a little bit green. They are the cardava variety used in banana chips. Most of us cook them in hot boiling water.

What stage of ripeness do you most enjoy to eat bananas?

I have recently read the starch/sugar ratio changes in bananas as they ripen. So you can actually be getting a different nutritional content depending upon what stage of ripeness you eat them in. When they are green or yellow, they have a higher starch content. As they turn brown, the starch converts to sugars, so they have a higher sugar content the riper they are. Riper bananas are supposedly easier to digest because of this, but also worse for diabetics. A unripe banana would be a better choice for someone controlling their blood sugar. It is all really interesting, something I've never contemplated about bananas before!
A ripe banana has more overall healing properties then an unripe banana. All sugar is not bad for diabetics, and all sugar is not created equal. Refined white sugar is without a doubt the worst kind of sugar, it's stripped of all it's vital nutrients.

I love to eat banana when it's ripe and it has a dark spots on it's skin and It has the healing properties. And i read a blog about the benefits of a ripe banana and its good for the person that has diabetic.

I never buy banana that is ripe because we want our banana to be just ripe, that ripeness today which will be spoiled in 2 days. So that means we have to finish the banana by tomorrow otherwise it cannot be eaten anymore. But to prolong the ripeness, we sometimes wrap it in old newspaper and place in the vegetable section of the fridge. That extends the life (ripeness) of the banana for at least 2 more days. But never put an unripe banana in the fridge, it will not mature properly.

I only buy bananas a few at a time these days, and will eat them within a day or two of buying them. I don't like green or brown bananas, so I buy a couple that have just ripened, and are still somewhat firm. If I don't eat them, I will sometimes pick up another banana or two that are past the stage that I would eat, so I can make banana bread with them.

I like my bananas yellow and firm as soon as they start turning brown I use them for smoothies or baking - usually muffins or banana bread. It's such a small window for that perfect banana maybe a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom