What would you choose?

Farmer's breakfast would be my choice, with extra toast on the side

Cheese omelet for me please.

I ended up getting the veggie omelette and a half-order of biscuits & gravy, posted over in the breakfast topic.

It was…ok. The local Elks Club men were waiting tables to raise money. I rather missed having the waitresses call me “darlin’” and “hon” - it’s just not the same coming from a hairy-legged old man! :laugh:

IMG_3729.JPG

IMG_3730.JPG

If I could Id have the grilled rueben cos I’ve never had ‘rueben’ I’ve had slow cooked brisket and made french dip sandwiches with it which I think is similar but I can’t think rueben is anything like British corned beef? Let me know!
Here are three reubens (MrsT favorite sandwich of all time):

IMG_7818.jpeg

NYT Cooking

IMG_7819.jpeg

Wikipedia

IMG_7821.jpeg

Katz’s Deli, NYC

Archer's Naked Wings (only because I've never had "Award Winning" Wings before) - No Sauce please.
I'm making a version of Smothered Chicken later this week, so I'll try Archer's with the Seasonal Vegetables and Tots ... do we have adult beverages?
I usually get Buffalo wings with sauce on the side. I like to dip.

The top one please!
Whats the sauce under the meat?
And is Reuben slow cooked brisket?
As you know corned beef in the UK is usually in a tin and a solid lardy affair.

Corned beef recipe

Thousand Island or Russian dressing.

Sauerkraut.

Rye bread.

Generally served with a half-sour or full-sour pickle depending on preference, coleslaw and/or fries/chips for those over the pond.

Corned beef recipe

Thousand Island or Russian dressing.

Sauerkraut.

Rye bread.

Generally served with a half-sour or full-sour pickle depending on preference, coleslaw and/or fries/chips for those over the pond.
I loved David Rosengarten, way back when he was on PBS. Back when he/they actually TAUGHT how to cook and techniques.

BTW, the same sandwich made with pastrami is a Rachel.

They both can also be made with Swiss cheese, forgot about that.

Back
Top Bottom