Whatcha drinking (2024)?

Although I still drink a half glass of beer most evenings, my daily liquid intake at present generally amounts to a glass of "Complan" at breakfast and lemon cordial mixed with bottled water and squeezed fresh lime juice (to reduce the sweetness) which I sip for the rest of the day.

Lemon cordial s.jpg

Just got back in from a walk in the freezing cold with husband, so I’m warming up with some hot chocolate.
IMG_8714.jpeg

Currently -11C, but with windchill of -21C. It was warmer when we were out walking, but very windy. Coldest we’ve had this winter by quite a bit.

Hey there, did you Canadians go and send your weather down here, again? It is supposed to be way colder up there in January, but is is currently -11C here, too. That ain't right. :headshake:

CD

Hey there, did you Canadians go and send your weather down here, again? It is supposed to be way colder up there in January, but is is currently -11C here, too. That ain't right. :headshake:

CD
I will never spill the beans about the special ritual, which definitely does not involve a midnight gathering in an igloo, a bag of ketchup chips, large amounts of poutine, a flock of Canada geese, and one single Coffee Crisp bar.

I will never spill the beans about the special ritual, which definitely does not involve a midnight gathering in an igloo, a bag of ketchup chips, large amounts of poutine, a flock of Canada geese, and one single Coffee Crisp bar.

We have lots of Canada geese down here this time of year. I've always been suspicious.

CD

I gotta" believe Cincinnati has some German Biergartens that sell Yards and Half-Yards.

CD
Well, this is Centerville, so closer to Dayton, and check this out:

IMG_7338.jpeg

I thought he was done when I took that pic, but no - he added dry ice and some kind of giant sparkler before he was finished. :laugh:

This place has definitely caught me in the right mood - I'm loving it, even though it’s fairly noisy (and very bright - neon paint everywhere).

Sometimes, you go in a place here, like an Irish bar or a Chinese place, and it’s campy and sort of offensive.

Then you walk in a place like I’m in now, it’s so crazy, over-the-top campy, you can’t help but love it. I’m listening to the hits of Tom Jones, Roy Orbison and the like…done by a cheesy mariachi band - it’s <bleeping> great.

The waitresses are all “plump, purty, and flirty,” and the bartender is an artiste - I just watched him fill a giant square glass goblet with some kind of frozen margarita mix, put about a half-pound of fresh fruit slices all around the edge, and to top it off, he upended two Seagrams alkie-pops in there, and they’re slowly oozing out and coloring the much lighter-colored frozen goop.

It’s insane. It’s like I walked through that door and entered another dimension. I <bleeping> love it! I might just run off with my waitress. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom