Where do you go to buy your liquor, wine & beer from?

I live in Utah. One of the most alcohol unfriendly states around. When I first moved here the few liquor stores were like banks. You'd walk in and there would be windows with steel bars, like bank tellers. Along the wall were counters with pencils and paper pads. On the wall were typewritten sheets of products, with a code number. You would go through the list, find the product you wanted, write down the code numbers. Then take the paper to one of the windows, where the clerk would fill your order in a brown paper bag.
And here, we have wine/beer bars set up in the grocery store alcohol department - it really is nuts.

That’s states’ rights for ya! :laugh:

And here, we have wine/beer bars set up in the grocery store alcohol department - it really is nuts.

We have that also (separate area). It's to enable the section to be cordoned off at times when selling alcoholic beverages is not permitted (00:00 to 11:00 and 15:00 to 17:00). This was a law passed by our competent government to discourage school children from buying booze. It's observed by the major supermarket chains and 7-11 but no local shops bother.

We don't have many places to purchase adult beverages, so I simply watch each to see who has the wine that I prefer at a lesser price when needed. (back story-I haven't been able to consume any alcohol for months, so I think I'll make up for lost time :whistling:)

Back
Top Bottom