Who knows what this is?

But how do I dry them?
You use this thing called a dehydrator. And drying sprouts would be quite ready. Slice them thinly, put them on the tray of the dehydrator, 1 slice thick and leave on about 115F for 12-24 hours. Mind you, I rather like sprouts, cooked that is!

You use this thing called a dehydrator. And drying sprouts would be quite ready. Slice them thinly, put them on the tray of the dehydrator, 1 slice thick and leave on about 115F for 12-24 hours. Mind you, I rather like sprouts, cooked that is!
The question is, can I justify buying another piece of kitchen equipment in the interests of research for my 'novel'?

The question is, can I justify buying another piece of kitchen equipment in the interests of research for my 'novel'?
I would try my oven on its lowest temperature with the door open trick personally. Especially given that the dehydrator I have is £££ in price though you can get them for ££...

I failed again. :cry:

I don't much like them with cream. It compromises their tart velvet slipperiness. I would fry halves (cut side down) in butter and a teaspoon of five-spice until soft and caramelised. Then puree and serve as a sauce with duck.

Peach.jpg
Is it Orange though!!

Last edited:
Bring it on. I nearly got there with peach 'cos there was a component which occurs in the stone (can't remember what its called right now - but its toxic!)... I just lost confidence.

Bring it on. I nearly got there with peach 'cos there was a component which occurs in the stone (can't remember what its called right now - but its toxic!)... I just lost confidence.
Amygdalin, that can form cyanide. Use instead of sprouts!

Thinking about it, it would be a whole lot easier (and probably less detectable) to hide ground peach kernels into a yummy dessert, than ground dried sprouts.

Back
Top Bottom