Who uses a hand-held mixer?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Gadgets & Cookbooks' started by Shermie, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

These appliances may not be as strong & powerful as a stand mixer.

But they do may food prep easier & saves you the drudgery of having to lug out your big heavy cumbersome stand mixer just for a small mixing job. Makes life a little easier & a little better in the kitchen!! :wink:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    ElizabethB and Francesca like this.
  2. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

KA hand mixer in Orange..jpg

Here's mine. A KA mixer in Orange. :wink:

3. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member Recipe Challenge Judge

I have one and I use it fairly often - but I don't own a stand mixer... Mine has facility to attach a balloon whisk and dough hook as well. Mine is a Duralit which I chose because it seemed to be the one used on most UK cooking shows:

dualit.jpg

ElizabethB, Francesca and Shermie like this.
  4. Kake Lover

Kake Lover Senior Member Staff Member

I use one occasionally for things like a small amount of whipped cream to go with a dessert.

ElizabethB and Shermie like this.
  5. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

I have a stand mixer that detaches to become a hand-held mixer if I need it that way. I've used that when I've made coconut macaroons, since the position in the bowl isn't quite what I need.

6. Francesca

Francesca Guest

I use stand up mixers for certain things, and have them in 3 different sizes by Bosch .. They do come with a wide variety of attachments ..

I believe there was a post similar some time ago ( last spring or summer 2017 ) and I posted a photo of one of my Bosch Stand Up Mixers which is hand held but a different shape ..

We call them " Stick Mixers " ..

7. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

We've had this one for about 10 years and although we don't use it much, it still works. The "7 speeds" is a misnomer. Speed 1 is fast; speed 7 is a bit faster. A mate bought it in a Khmer market for buttons. Chinese.

hand mixer s.jpg

Shermie and ElizabethB like this.
  8. ElizabethB

ElizabethB Über Member

I have one but have not used it since I got my stand mixer. I have an assortment of whisks in different sizes - I use a whisk several time each week.

Shermie likes this.