Why Your Diet May Not Be Working

With a wine glass that size, I think I could be perfectly happy wherever I am! Mostly because I will be completely unaware of my location.
I don't know if its the same where you are but in the UK the size of glasses of wine served in pubs and bars in the UK has increased over the last ten years or so (and the price).

That's probably true, but we rarely go out to eat, and even more rarely order adult beverages. I've come to the conclusion that my own cooking is better than about 90% of the restaurants we've gone to, and much cheaper to eat at home, too. There are a few exceptions, but when we go to those places we usually order up beer. One is a brewpub with very good food and excellent house-made beer. The other is an authentic Irish pub owned and operated by an Irish born couple, where we get Imperial pints of British import beer. Cannot remember the last time I ordered wine in a restaurant.

That's probably true, but we rarely go out to eat, and even more rarely order adult beverages. I've come to the conclusion that my own cooking is better than about 90% of the restaurants we've gone to, and much cheaper to eat at home, too. There are a few exceptions, but when we go to those places we usually order up beer. One is a brewpub with very good food and excellent house-made beer. The other is an authentic Irish pub owned and operated by an Irish born couple, where we get Imperial pints of British import beer. Cannot remember the last time I ordered wine in a restaurant.
I like beer too! But not so much alongside food.

I'll drink a beer or two before dinner, but once I start eating I'll switch to water...I can never drink beer after I have eaten. I don't know why. It just won't go down..

Technically, when we order beer we aren't really eating food food, just a burger and fries (chips) or this wonderful appetizer/side dish that the Irish pub offers: "Brendan's Now Legendary Irish Potato Pizza". It's basically a mass of potato skins (10-12) laid out on a cast iron griddle plate, topped with scallions, bacon, tomato cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, popped into the oven until what rests on the griddle is a bit crisp and the rest is warm and/or melty, and served with a creamy sauce. To die for! And I suppose if you ate them too frequently, you just might! Die, that is.

I know why I don't stay skinny. When I lose weight I celebrate by drinking lots of beer and eating pizza.
Here's a suggestion....switch to light beer and pizza with no cheese, meat and a paper thin wheat crust !

P.S....Tried it...didn't work...don't like light beer and can't find that kind of pizza ....LOL...:happy::happy::happy:

Back
Top Bottom