Would you swap a Starbucks coffee for a McDonald's coffee?

I've managed to avoid all contact with tax-dodger/labour-exploiter Starbucks and McDonalds thus far in my life and see no prospect of that changing.

I will concede that I did, once, go into a McDonalds. It was seven o'clock in the morning in Dublin and I could see nowhere else in the vicinity where I might be able to evacuate my bowels legally.

I've managed to avoid all contact with tax-dodger/labour-exploiter Starbucks and McDonalds thus far in my life and see no prospect of that changing.

I will concede that I did, once, go into a McDonalds. It was seven o'clock in the morning in Dublin and I could see nowhere else in the vicinity where I might be able to evacuate my bowels legally.
Busaras!

Can I be insulted for all the short not white Americans?
That is just awful.
Note to self: avoid Starbucks in the future.
I never thought of that angle!
tmp_3681-d1bc56fc7df2cc494806a66587d068b3-993920352.jpg

Starbucks tastes bitter to me.
McDonalds had/has(?) a nice mellow taste.
Even with Keurig I can taste it.

Starbucks tastes bitter to me.
McDonalds had/has(?) a nice mellow taste.
Even with Keurig I can taste it.

The thing of it is that I don't do McDonalds. I'm not a McDonalds fan.

The second thing is that Coffees will vary depending upon a wide variety of circumstances, just as wines do. Starbucks has a reputation, yes. But so do others. Coffees come from all over the world, wherever Coffee plants grow. Some are bitter, some soft and mellow. Some are dark and some are light. I like some of Starbuck's Coffees, particularly, Pikes, Verona and Sumatra. Pete's puts out some good Coffees too.

Often, the quality of a Coffee depends upon the source, what it offers and I would hope, what the vendor's taster finds acceptable and worth bidding for. It is in the end, a mixed bag. One completely unknown brand may for a time have a superb Coffee and the only way you would know about it is if you routinely buy their brand or ... you hear about it by word of mouth or Coffee reviews.

Wineries have tasting rooms where you can sample wines for free or for a small door fee. There is no such practice for Coffees that I know of. It would be nice.

I dislike McDonalds and rarely do business with them.
They quit fresh cooking decades ago and aren’t anything like what made them popular.

I'm not a coffee connoisseur or snob by any means. You could put coffees, from the most expensive in the world to a cup of instant, and while I could taste differences, I wouldn't be able to say, "oh, this is the thousand dollar coffee, this is Folgers from a Keurig, this is Starbucks, this is McD's, and this is instant."

When I want a cup of coffee, I drink what's available and I'm not that picky about it.

I am not a big coffee drinker. I may have it 5-6 times per year. I don't particularly care where it's from. McD, Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.

I do know some serious coffee drinkers and they say there is a considerable difference. I think it's all hype. ;-0

The Blue Ribbon Bakery was on Main St Disneyland.
Fabulous. Just amazing, unique bakery items.
They served Farmer Bros Coffee. A great coffee.

Then one day I headed to it and Starbucks took it's place with it's shipped in frozen, meager pastry offerings and bitter coffee.

But,,, their is a coffee cart 50 meters away that serves Farmer Bros coffee.

I walk around Disneyland with that coffee in hand, people notice it's not Starbucks and I'm asked where did I get it?
If were to do a You Tube on that I'd be banned from the park.

It went from this:
Blue-Ribon-Bakery-Treats-.jpg

Blue-Ribon-Bakery-Cinnomon-Bun-1024x574.jpg

To tragic, bloody awful this:

scale;jpeg_quality=65.jpg

Last edited:
Another old thread comes back from hibernation.

McD's here make a good cup of coffee, and it is cheap -- at least half the price of StarBUCKS.

If I go to Starbucks, it is for a special treat. My favorite is the Caramel Macchiato. For a regular cuppa' Joe, I go to McD's.

CD

Back
Top Bottom