Yer Yellows!

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
10:02 PM
Yellow NA.jpg

A quick and easy one!​

That is an interesting definition of easy!

an 'orrible over ripe apple, quince, grapefruit, a strange coloured kiwi?
lemon, pear, pineapple, water melon?
swede, yellow pepper, potato, turnip
banana?, sweetcorn, yellow tomato, acorn squash

the banana I am tempted to say yellow courgette :eek: the picture is that bad.

That is an interesting definition of easy!

an 'orrible over ripe apple, quince, grapefruit, a strange coloured kiwi?
lemon, pear, pineapple, water melon?
swede, yellow pepper, potato, turnip
banana?, sweetcorn, yellow tomato, acorn squash

the banana I am tempted to say yellow courgette :eek: the picture is that bad.
Just bad, not iffy?

apple, figs, looks like a lemon could be a grapefruit, kiwi fruit
lemon, pear, pineapple, watermelon
yellow beetroot, yellow pepper, looks like a potato (does that qualify as yellow?), swede (unless you are American in which case rutabaga or sometimes turnip, also neeps Scotland).
Very hard to tell from blurry picture. Could it be that summer squash again? In UK we would call them yellow courgettes, I think. sweetcorn, yellow tomato, acorn squash

N.B. the Swede picture looks like a UK turnip but as turnips are white inside I'm pretty sure its intended to be a swede. The confusion in the name doesn't help!

Hooray! I sort of succeeded. But why on earth would there be two separate pictures of lemons (I still reckon the top lemon is a grapefruit). :scratchhead:
And much confusion about the rutabaga/turnip/swede. Its not a turnip as we know it, if its a rutabaga. I mean that its not that white smallish root. Its the swede, a bigger orange root.

I think I new about them because I saw a chef on TV using them. Sometimes called golden beetroot, I think.

I bought a golden beetroot at the weekend. Unquestionably a golden colour, the taste is a little sweeter than "normal" beetroot. My local fruit and veg shop has these, along with "candy beetroot" which is a kind of red and white striped affair. I shall try one of those next.

I was going to protest on the grounds of poor quality images. I had made that decision before seeing the second image.

Yellow watermelon?

I was going to protest on the grounds of poor quality images. I had made that decision before seeing the second image.

Yellow watermelon?
A yellow watermelon is basically the same as one of any other color — it just has yellow flesh on the inside instead of the more common pink or red color. People use the yellow fruit the same way they’d use any other type of red flesh watermelon. Watermelons that are pink or red on the inside contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene, which is perhaps best known for making tomatoes red. Yellow watermelons do not contain this antioxidant, so they don't have the same reddish tint. Yellow watermelons are known for their extremely sweet taste, which some people say tastes a bit like honey and this is indeed the one difference between a yellow flesh watermelon and a red flesh melon - the yellow ones tend to eat sweeter.

http://albertsorganics.com/qr/organic-yellow-flesh-watermelons

Back
Top Bottom