Your Fridge

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
5:42 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Another thread got me thinking about a 'Post a picture of your fridge'...

I'll start. It's a touch boring really. We have a small under the counter fridge and it is organised and rather boring really.

Anything soya related, my sourdough starter and the eggs (not that they need to be, it is just that they have no other home and my kitchen is very small and there is no other space for them) are on the top shelf.
Then comes the quickly use shelf, where things like humus and home made pates live, along with a stray jar of mayo which should be in the door... Veg sometimes makes its way to this shelf if we have too much to fit into the veg drawer and bottom shelf.

Next is spreads/fats and other veg shelf - we usually have a lot of veg, this was the day before a shopping trip. If I was to photo it now, it would be a different matter entirely.

Then there is the veg drawer where anything that needs to or benefits from being kept cold, lives. Some stuff in there does not necessarily need to be kept cold, it just lasts longer in the summer if it is. The white bags around things like the broccoli on the left are Onya weigh bags which we use in the supermarket to put our veg in (anything that needs weighing in including mushrooms) and then bring straight home and put directly into the fridge. It means we don't have to decant veg out of those horrible thin plastic bags that tear really easily and make veg sweat at the same time. They are our way of helping the environment and when dirty we just put them through the washing machine and suddenly they are white and clean again!

DSC_0083.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG

Onto the door. There is an organisation to it. The open miso is at the top, open jars are in the middle (along with my other sourdough starter) and our dairy free milk lives in the milk section! Easy really.

Another thread got me thinking about a 'Post a picture of your fridge'...

I'll start. It's a touch boring really. We have a small under the counter fridge and it is organised and rather boring really.

Did you just clean your fridge? Compared to my (two) fridges, it looks pristine and so uncluttered! I wouldn't dare post a picture of mine at the moment - I s'pose thats my cue to start cleaning. :(

I dont have much at the moment I went shoppìng last week and have been eating the fresh food since then. I have sauces, apples, cucumbers, eggs, cheese.
butter, and in the drawers I have veg. Theee are fresh sausages as well. I have freezer part tonthe fridge and I also have a separate box freezer as well that is full. I haven't cleaned my fridge either :laugh:
20150607_201250.jpg
20150607_201227.jpg
i dont have specif areas for stuff. I just shove everything in wherever there is space.

I dont have much at the moment I went shoppìng last week and have been eating the fresh food since then. I have sauces, apples, cucumbers, eggs, cheese.
butter, and in the drawers I have veg. Theee are fresh sausages as well. I have freezer part tonthe fridge and I also have a separate box freezer as well that is full. I haven't cleaned my fridge either :laugh:View attachment 971View attachment 972 i dont have specif areas for stuff. I just shove everything in wherever there is space.

You might not have cleaned your fridge but its still a whole lot cleaner than mine!:( I'm beginning to get paranoid about the state of my fridge(s):eek:.

Did you just clean your fridge? Compared to my (two) fridges, it looks pristine and so uncluttered! I wouldn't dare post a picture of mine at the moment - I s'pose thats my cue to start cleaning. :(
Nope. It usually looks like that. Can't think when I actually last cleaned it to be honest.

Oh my days ,those fridges don't look used ........at home we have 3 smaller fridges,one in the kitchen and two fridges and three freezers in a out building away from the house ,if I put all our food in one fridge in the house my boys would keep going till it was all gone,the fridge in the kitchen has a shelf full of sauces and mustards,Nandos ,Levi roots ,all the mustards jars of open pickles ,jams and spreads,,we go through 20 pints of milk a shop,I get a. Fruit and veg delivery from my supplier every two weeks and salad stuff has to go away etc ,our fridges are ramed,some days,but a t work my walk in fridge you can fit a double bed in

Oh my days ,those fridges don't look used ........at home we have 3 smaller fridges,one in the kitchen and two fridges and three freezers in a out building away from the house ,if I put all our food in one fridge in the house my boys would keep going till it was all gone,the fridge in the kitchen has a shelf full of sauces and mustards,Nandos ,Levi roots ,all the mustards jars of open pickles ,jams and spreads,,we go through 20 pints of milk a shop,I get a. Fruit and veg delivery from my supplier every two weeks and salad stuff has to go away etc ,our fridges are ramed,some days,but a t work my walk in fridge you can fit a double bed in
This sounds much more like my fridges :). I'd have to clean them every other day to keep them really tidy and clean because, with five people using them there are inevitable spills and bits of left over stuff each day. And this things that somehow get forgotten at the very back..

You people are so tidy! I'm too embarrassed to post mine. Most of the things in my side of the fridge are the super boring but nutritious foods I cook in large batches and eat from all week long.

Taken today, after I found a bowl of sourdough proofing in the fridge that I had forgotten about... :ohmy:

DSC_0116.JPG

Don't ask where all the veg is, my husband hides it else where (cupboard to the left)... but our weekly shop was done on Saturday and tbh I can't tell. No wonder I am having issues with his cooking - all the veg is either in the freezer or the cupboard to the side! I'm assuming it is still too tidy for you all?

When the kids were living with us, you can expect the fridge to be chaotic inside. But now that there are no more kids in the house and we have 2 housemaids for the chore, it is spic and span in the interior and exterior of our fridge. We don't store much food since our housemaids can go to the market even every day.

I have two teenage boys in the house which means stuff is every where in the refidge I am just glad it made it back into the refridge instead of left on the sink counter.

Taken today, after I found a bowl of sourdough proofing in the fridge that I had forgotten about... :ohmy:

View attachment 981
Don't ask where all the veg is, my husband hides it else where (cupboard to the left)... but our weekly shop was done on Saturday and tbh I can't tell. No wonder I am having issues with his cooking - all the veg is either in the freezer or the cupboard to the side! I'm assuming it is still too tidy for you all?
Its the way things are so immaculately lined up.:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom