Your go-to meal when you don't want to cook?

You can create so many fast dishes with leftovers. I usually make myself a quit omelet or a baked sandwich with whatever I have in my fridge from previous meals. Even a home made pizza is done really fast. Apart from that, you could always go for a quick vegetable stir-fry which takes about 10 minutes to make.

If I don't want to cook then I reach for a can of tuna. I like to make some tuna salad and put it in some lettuce leaves for a quick lettuce wrap lunch. It is fast and super healthy.

Generally I do leftovers because I cook enough for a few days at a time. I love to cook but at times I can really be an ambivalent eater so my three days at a time cooking plan works well for me.

Like you, I make a sandwhich. I prefer whole grain bread, so I take 2 slices, spreadan avocado on it and sprinkle some chilli powder on it. It tastes really good, and pretty healthy! I highly recommend trying it if you haven't. I usually have a quarter cup of fruit juice (it doesn't matter which one, just not grape) with it and it heightens the flavour to me. :)It's extremely quick and easy to make, I timed myself one day and it takes about 5-7 minutes.

Chorizos and tortillas. This sausage is not only inexpensive but versatile as some cook it with eggs, refried beans, potatoes or all three as a spicy meal stretcher. While there are beef and pork varieties, there is also Soyrizo and chicken and turkey flavors, which is what I prefer.

All it takes is an ordinary pan and whatever protein or starch to soak up the extra grease that comes after the sausage cooks down. People have told me that buying chorizo at a Latin market is better if a person does not like the grease but it cost more than those sold at chain supermarkets.:cool:

When I'm too lazy to cook, I'll just make some instant ramen, like those Korean shin-ramen. They taste oh-so-good but they just contain so much sodium you have to be careful you don't eat too much of it. One thing a lot of people don't know is that you can add scallions and eggs to just instant ramen and make them taste twice as better.

That sounds really, really good! Happily I live near an area that is loaded with a variety of ethnic groceries so I will be able to try it out soon!

For me an easy go to meal is spaghetti with meat sauce or hotdogs and french fries. Not very nutritious but simple and quick. I also make frozen pizzas to have on hand during those hectic days as well. I try to keep a few frozen meals on hand such as meatloaf, meatballs, casseroles and such for days when everything is wonky and I don't feel up to cooking.
Sometimes I am good at having those frozen meals ready and other times I am not. It just depends on if I get to the grocery stores to stock up and how I feel after I come home.

For me an easy go to meal is spaghetti with meat sauce or hotdogs and french fries. Not very nutritious but simple and quick. I also make frozen pizzas to have on hand during those hectic days as well. I try to keep a few frozen meals on hand such as meatloaf, meatballs, casseroles and such for days when everything is wonky and I don't feel up to cooking.
Sometimes I am good at having those frozen meals ready and other times I am not. It just depends on if I get to the grocery stores to stock up and how I feel after I come home.

Hot Dogs and Fries is definitely easy to make and nutritious, but also very quick. Two or three of those works very well for lunch if you lack the time to do something more complex.

My favorite go to meals when I'm not in the mood to cook are my submarine sandwiches and veggies with dip. Another go to meal is my rice a roni rice cups. They fill me up each time.

Sometimes I opt for something from the slow-cooker because all I have to do is throw everything in there and leave it alone all day! I usually also have a supply of frozen spaghetti sauce in the freezer, so I can always heat up some pasta really quick. When I make spaghetti sauce, I make it in giant batches so I always have plenty left over for a rainy day.

Back
Top Bottom