yummy crock pot meals

MyOCDisMild

Veteran
Local time
5:06 PM
As a pregnant, working mom of 3, I've found that I value healthy, EASY recipes a lot more now than I ever have. With two kids in school and 4 year in daycare, not to mention shuttling all 3 back and forth to their various activities. I've found that crock pot meals are a lot more advanced than they were when my mom forced us to shovel that lump down our throats. No more over cooked, dried meat ( most times ) and most of the recipes I've found are actually quite healthy, cheap and relatively easy.

For instance, tonight..Friday, I had softball practice for the 13 year old, Karate class for the 9 year old and Piano lessons ( I really don't know why...she hates it ) for the 4 year old. So I chose to make our Chicken Crock Pot Casserole; Chicken breast lines the bottom of the ceramic dish, topped with cream of chicken soup ( I use 2 cans ) and finished with Stove Top stuffing. Dinner is done to perfection in 5 hours, Chicken and Dressing with its own gravy, and usually I make some type of green veggie and maybe mashed potatoes. It's surprisingly good, extremely easy and one of their faves.

Sauerkraut and pork is another favorite of mine. I usually throw some potatoes in there too. You could brown the pork before hand, but it isn't really necessary. The kraut does all the work, and adds a ton of flavor. All I usually add is some ground black pepper to season the whole thing.

Another thing to keep in mind, although I know it's an extra step or two, is to not try and do the entire meal in the crock pot, but rather just use it as a time saving step in the meal. You can make pork carnitas in the crock pot, then chop it into chunks and fry it in some oil for a bit to crisp up when you get home, and do a taco/burrito night for example, or even serve it over beans and rice.

You can also take stuff like ribs cooked in the crock pot, and throw them under the broiler for a bit to give them some nice char.

I love crock pot meals! Here is a very easy one. I put a pork loin in the pot. Add just about an inch of water. I cover the roast with Old Number 7 BBQ sauce. It is to die for. If you like pulled pork, you will love this!

Back
Top Bottom