Do you single-knot or double-knot your shoelaces? Or, do you do something else?

Do you single-knot or double-knot your shoelaces? Or, do you do something else?

• Single knot

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Double Knot

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Triple Knot or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never tie my shoelaces

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
2:33 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
Sometimes, we have general discussion topics that help people. Other times, there are topics that enlighten people. This topic doesn't apply to either situation.

Ford has us back in the office twice a week, and I wanted to make sure my shoes were tied securely. I didn't even think about it: I double-knotted the shoes. This transported me back to why I started doing it this way. I was in 1st grade at Palo Verde Elementary School in Palo Alto, California, and I had single-knotted shoelaces. Then, one day, I was standing on the playground, and a kid snuck up from behind and untied my shoelaces. Without knowing this, I tried to run, tripped on my untied laces, and I fell. Hilarious!

From that day forward, I double-knotted my shoelaces. I still do that to this day, even though I hardly ever have to worry about someone untying my shoelaces when I'm in the office. What do the rest of you do?

I wear slip on shoes and sandals.

I have a lot of shoes.
I find it difficult to not have exactly the right shoe for the job.
It's the one area of motorcycle travel I really struggle with. You only take one pair of off the bike shoes and man I find that tough!
Yeah, that would make it tough. My boots have zippers so that's helpful but if I rode a bike I'd not be wearing sandals that's for certain. And I love wearing sandals!

At home I meander around in crocs. In street, I've got some awful slip ons that I wear, or some sneakers, which I tie once. I don't recall ever using a double knot.

At home I meander around in crocs. In street, I've got some awful slip ons that I wear, or some sneakers, which I tie once. I don't recall ever using a double knot.
Yes, my crocs are house shoes but they don't go outside. At our house, shoes come off at the door. We of course do not ask this of guests but most family just do it automatically. It's something I picked up while living in Okinawa as a child that I feel is proper and it always stuck with me. Husband approves.

I only wear slippers (1 pair in the house), gum boots or gum shoes (1 pair of each on the farm), sandals (summer only and only if very hot, not hiking and not needing the extra support) and 1 pair of hiking boots that I wear when away from the house (most of the time).
Hypermobility syndrome is a pain in the ankles most of the time. The rest of the time, it dictates high able boots only.

I always double knot.

Back
Top Bottom