Plans for today (2024)

Going to work on minis today. Taking an online class for an elf princess sleeping on a pillow on her dragon curled up with her on the bed. First class was this past Monday on ideas of how to decorate the bed, paint the dragon if you purchased an unpainted one, which I didn't, and tips on how to make a real looking, comfy pillow, i.e. you fill it with fine sand so it has weight and will contour to dragon and elf like a life size pillow would.

I totally sympathize. We went to a farmer's market years ago and bought a bunch of vegetables. Came home and we both unpacked and put things away. I was working from home so we mainly just used the car on the weekends when doing shopping, errands, etc. Toward the end of the week, I started dinner and went to get the asparagus in the refrigerator. Can't find it. Craig didn't remember putting it away and neither did I. Went to look in the car. This happened at the start of summer so temperatures were up there.

Opened the car door and gagged. Couldn't see the asparagus anywhere. Finally decided to look under the seats. Yep, the bundle of asparagus had rolled under the driver's seat and had pretty much liquefied. We had to take the seat out, clean the carpet under it, wait for it to dry, put baking soda on the carpet, which had to be vacuumed up and replaced several times, then leave the window open for months before the smell finally went away. Never made that mistake again.
That's a nasty one!
Liquified state of anything is grim but asparagus has a uniques pong!

Going to work on minis today. Taking an online class for an elf princess sleeping on a pillow on her dragon curled up with her on the bed. First class was this past Monday on ideas of how to decorate the bed, paint the dragon if you purchased an unpainted one, which I didn't, and tips on how to make a real looking, comfy pillow, i.e. you fill it with fine sand so it has weight and will contour to dragon and elf like a life size pillow would.
That sounds like a really lovely course.
Great tip about making the pillow realistic, probably worth it for that alone!

That's a nasty one!
Liquified state of anything is grim but asparagus has a uniques pong!
You should try prawns.
One of the kids at the boarding school I worked at, left a plastic bag of fresh prawns in with their laptop, in the laptop rucksack. The laptops were collected in on the Friday and locked into the ICT teaching room next door to my work room. The temperatures outside hit 30°C plus and the room had a skylight style ceiling to let light into the room because it was an internal room. When I opened the librsry building on the following Tuesday (Monday has been a bank holiday) I could smell it. Sadly I had to locate the problem and clean up the laptop. The laptop bag wasn't recoverable....

The stinkiest thing I recall being left in a vehicle was when my brother tipped over a gallon can of government peanut butter behind the bench seat of his truck.

Easy enough to clean up the solid bit, but the carpet sucked up all the oil which went rancid pretty quickly. He eventually had to replace the carpet.

We used to have a little fraternal fishing gathering every year, and two of my brothers were way too competitive and would sabotage/prank each other, with one prank being pulling one of vent ducts off and inserting a few minnows in there to rot away.

Oh, the smell!

I totally sympathize. We went to a farmer's market years ago and bought a bunch of vegetables. Came home and we both unpacked and put things away. I was working from home so we mainly just used the car on the weekends when doing shopping, errands, etc. Toward the end of the week, I started dinner and went to get the asparagus in the refrigerator. Can't find it. Craig didn't remember putting it away and neither did I. Went to look in the car. This happened at the start of summer so temperatures were up there.

Opened the car door and gagged. Couldn't see the asparagus anywhere. Finally decided to look under the seats. Yep, the bundle of asparagus had rolled under the driver's seat and had pretty much liquefied. We had to take the seat out, clean the carpet under it, wait for it to dry, put baking soda on the carpet, which had to be vacuumed up and replaced several times, then leave the window open for months before the smell finally went away. Never made that mistake again.
Wow its bad enough when it turns in the refrigerator!

The stinkiest thing I recall being left in a vehicle was when my brother tipped over a gallon can of government peanut butter behind the bench seat of his truck.

Easy enough to clean up the solid bit, but the carpet sucked up all the oil which went rancid pretty quickly. He eventually had to replace the carpet.

We used to have a little fraternal fishing gathering every year, and two of my brothers were way to competitive and would sabotage/prank each other, with one prank being pulling one of vent ducts off and inserting a few minnows in there to rot away.

Oh, the smell!
I remember hearing or reading a story about a woman who got revenge on her husband and new wife (he got the house in the divorce settlement) by putting prawn shells inside the curtain rods of the house before she moved out. I think I remember that the eventually sold the house to her at a fraction of what it was worth...

I remember hearing or reading a story about a woman who got revenge on her husband and new wife (he got the house in the divorce settlement) by putting prawn shells inside the curtain rods of the house before she moved out. I think I remember that the eventually sold the house to her at a fraction of what it was worth...
Yep I've read that same story too.

You should try prawns.
One of the kids at the boarding school I worked at, left a plastic bag of fresh prawns in with their laptop, in the laptop rucksack. The laptops were collected in on the Friday and locked into the ICT teaching room next door to my work room. The temperatures outside hit 30°C plus and the room had a skylight style ceiling to let light into the room because it was an internal room. When I opened the librsry building on the following Tuesday (Monday has been a bank holiday) I could smell it. Sadly I had to locate the problem and clean up the laptop. The laptop bag wasn't recoverable....
I very nearly did!
Asked my son to help putting the shopping delivery away, he put 30 quids worth of prawns in a carrier bag down by the freezer in the garage while he put the fridge stuff away..

It was about 5 days later searching for the prawns I found them.
Fortunately it happened to be very cold and they'd started off frozen so they were only a bit whiffy.

Close one though because freezer foods like prawns are a back up pantry item and might not get used for weeks.

Needless to say that bag for life wasn't a bag for life 🤣

Back
Top Bottom