165 - 170 gms (1 1/2 cups) Ritz crackers, or saltines
50 gms ( 5 Tbsps) melted butter
450 gms (1 lb) cream cheese, at room temperature
2 eggs
6-8 cloves roasted garlic
A pinch of salt
1 tsp green peppercorns, crushed
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp mixed herbs ( I used herbes de Provence, because they were there, but rosemary, thyme, parsley work fine)

Method:
  • Mix the first two ingredients together in a processor, so the butter and crumbs are well combined.
  • Press the mixture into a 9" springform pan, up to about 1/3 of the sides. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
  • Heat the oven to 325F (160C) ( Gas mark 3)
  • In the same processor, add all the additional ingredients. blend until the mixture is smooth and satiny.
  • Remove the crust from the fridge and pour the cream cheese mixture into the base.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven and allow to rest for 1 hour in the oven.
  • Remove, cut into 8-12 slices and enjoy.
* Instead of the garlic and herbs, you can use 100 gms smoked salmon, dill, and capers.

Roasted garlic cheesecake 2.jpg
Roasted garlic cheesecake 1.jpg

Ingredients:
165 - 170 gms (1 1/2 cups) Ritz crackers, or saltines
50 gms ( 5 Tbsps) melted butter
450 gms (1 lb) cream cheese, at room temperature
2 eggs
6-8 cloves roasted garlic
A pinch of salt
1 tsp green peppercorns, crushed
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp mixed herbs ( I used herbes de Provence, because they were there, but rosemary, thyme, parsley work fine)

Method:
  • Mix the first two ingredients together in a processor, so the butter and crumbs are well combined.
  • Press the mixture into a 9" springform pan, up to about 1/3 of the sides. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
  • Heat the oven to 325F (160C) ( Gas mark 3)
  • In the same processor, add all the additional ingredients. blend until the mixture is smooth and satiny.
  • Remove the crust from the fridge and pour the cream cheese mixture into the base.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven and allow to rest for 1 hour in the oven.
  • Remove, cut into 8-12 slices and enjoy.
* Instead of the garlic and herbs, you can use 100 gms smoked salmon, dill, and capers.

View attachment 113621View attachment 113620
Love it.
Unusual and piques interest.
As there's a very good gluten free version of ritz crackers that would work with this I'm defo bookmarking this for later!
Thanks ☺️

I love this. When you mentioned smoked salmon, I immediately thought of making this into a sort of bagel bite: salmon, pickled onion, cilantro, capers...and, of course cream cheese. I'd think roasted garlic would be amazing in that context. I just found out recently that there are everything bagel flavored Ritz Crackers, so this would be prefect for that.

Is that a huge cutting board, and are these 3 massive 9-inch savory cheesecakes, with giant tomato slices? I have a mold for making things like sandwich buns, and I think I'll try that (though the lack of a removable base would be a problem).

No, it's my lousy photography. It's just a small cheeseboard and the cheesecakes are only about 3"across.

So, you cut them out with a ring mold? That seems like a great idea...the pieces from a cake or pie are less portable, but I can see enjoying this on the drive into work. I will certainly need a lot of napkins (and a bib) if I did that.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am very likely going to be making versions of both this recipe and the one Herbaceous posted. I've never made a cheesecake before in my life, but now I'm inspired by both of to make two of them.

but I can see enjoying this on the drive into work.
“This just in…Ford engineer crashes car on way into office. Bystanders reported seeing driver steering with his knees while smearing what appeared to be some sort of cheese spread on crackers…details at 11…Stay classy, Detroit!” :wink:

I've never made a cheesecake before in my life, but now I'm inspired by both of to make two of them.
Cheesecake is a doddle. If you can't do the saltines or the Ritz crackers, use Marie or Digestive biscuits. Yep, a little sweeter, but would complement the sweet roasted garlic.

Back
Top Bottom