Travel Plans For 2024

Ok, just got invited to Thanksgiving in North Carolina, six hours’ drive, so we’re taking Tuesday-Friday off for that.

I’m planning to catch it at work for that. I’m the fellow who’s never, in 18 years of working with this group, taken Thanksgiving or Christmas off, so I’ve always covered the office so others could, and they’ve come to expect it. Time to shake things up.

Pennsylvania trip is planned as well - we’ll be back two whole days, enough to do laundry, then on a plane to Baltimore, where we’ll pick up a car and drive the hour or so into PA and stay for a week.

Ok, just got invited to Thanksgiving in North Carolina, six hours’ drive, so we’re taking Tuesday-Friday off for that.

I’m planning to catch it at work for that. I’m the fellow who’s never, in 18 years of working with this group, taken Thanksgiving or Christmas off, so I’ve always covered the office so others could, and they’ve come to expect it. Time to shake things up.

Pennsylvania trip is planned as well - we’ll be back two whole days, enough to do laundry, then on a plane to Baltimore, where we’ll pick up a car and drive the hour or so into PA and stay for a week.

Nice plans!
Your coworkers are going to be shocked!

I've never been to Gibraltar because the overcrowded little England on the edge of Spain never appealed much, but now I'm knocking on a bit I suddenly rather like the idea of the Spanish sunshine and M&S round the corner 😆

Somewhere that I don't have to constantly count how many days of the 90 are left before I must leave, a place that has an NHS type system I'm automatically entitled to, that if I bought a place I know the money is reasonably securely invested and that is based on UK law.

Even from a young age I've always kept one eye on crumbly old age approaching and now although I'm still fit and able it doesn't seem it will be long in the post!

So I'm just starting to think of renting a place over there and seeing what I think.

If anyone's been did you enjoy it?

I kinda like rocks.

I've been here (in North Carolina about 8 hours south of where I live) about a dozen times and it's fantastic:
Home - Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
This is a place that is the best to visit in late April/early May. Even though it is in the mountains, it still gets pretty warm there so if you want to hike and such, summer isn't always the best time to go unless you don't mind getting overheated. During winter it can be icy on the trails and on the roads, so again, not a good time to go.

I've only been here (about 28 hours southwest of where I live) three times and it's breathtakingly beautiful in a different way:
Welcome to Red Rock Country
It's in the desert, basically. It gets really hot. Don't go in summer. I think October or April are the best times to go.

We are due for a trip somewhere this year but I'd like to go somewhere we have never been before--or the beach. I can do the same beach resort multiple times and never get tired of it!

hawaii_is_calling_and_i_must_go.jpg

(photo credit Chummy Tees.com)

Back
Top Bottom